1 October 2018 (aged 44–45)|
|Alma mater||University of Paris|
Aliabadi's art, which includes photographs and drawings, explores the competing effects on young urban Iranian women of traditional values, religious restrictions and globalized western culture. Her work appeared in solo exhibitions in Dubai, Tehran, London, Switzerland and Denmark and in group exhibitions at the Institut des cultures d'Islam in Paris, the Gallery of Modern Art in Glasgow, at Frieze New York, at the Chelsea Art Museum, in Monaco, in Rio de Janeiro, in Copenhagen, in Italy, in Norway, in Estonia, in Germany, in Switzerland and in Spain.
- "The Subversive Potential of Hermès Scarves: Shirin Aliabadi discloses the desires of young Iranian women". ArtMag. Deutsche Bank.
- "Contemporary Middle Eastern art - new Islamic art and photography". www.modernedition.com. Modern Edition. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "In Loving Memory of Shirin Aliabadi". Mad Mimi. Retrieved 2018-10-02.
- Bekhrad, Joobin (3 October 2018). "Shirin Aliabadi, known for depicting rebellious Iranian women, has died". The Art Newspaper. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "Shirin Aliabadi" (PDF). Third Line.
- "The New Iranian Woman – Miss Hybrid Series". SUITCASE Magazine. 26 January 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
|This article about an Iranian artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|