Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi
|Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi|
|Directed by||Bela Bhansali Sehgal|
|Written by||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Based on||Farhad and Shirin|
by Nizami Ganjavi
|Produced by||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
Sunil A Lulla
|Edited by||Bela Bhansali Sehgal|
|Music by||Jeet Gannguli|
|Distributed by||Bhansali Productions|
|122 minutes approx.|
|Box office||₹94.8 million (US$1.2 million)|
(1 week domestic)
Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi (transl. Shirin and Farhad are in for it) is a 2012 Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy film directed by Bela Bhansali Sehgal, starring Farah Khan, Boman Irani, Kavin Dave, Shammi, Kurush Deboo and Daisy Irani. The film takes its inspiration from the Persian poem Farhad and Shirin by Nizami Ganjavi, itself based on a story found in the Shahnameh.
Farhad Pastakia (Boman Irani) has a dream job as a bra-and-panty salesman. Except that he is a 45-year-old Parsi bachelor still living with his overbearing mother and grandmother. But it’s not like he’s stopped trying. Desperate to get him married, Farhad’s mother drags him to see women and even to embarrassing Parsi matrimony services.
In the midst of all the daily humdrum, Farhad meets the woman of his dreams: Shirin Fugawala (Farah Khan), who drops by his store. Shirin, who works at the Parsi Trust, hits it off with Farhad from the start. Everything seems to be perfect and Farhad gets ready to introduce Shirin to his mother. But mummy becomes the villain in their story when she discovers that Shirin is the devious Parsi Trust Secretary who got the illegal water tank in their home demolished. The water tank being the 'aakhri nishaani' of Farhad’s late father doesn’t help matters.
The ups and downs in Shirin-Farhad’s relationship and how the two try to make it work is the rest of the journey.
- Boman Irani as Farhad Pastakia
- Farah Khan as Shirin Fuggawala
- Kavin Dave
- Kurush Deboo as Sorab, noisy quarrelsome neighbour of Shirin
- Daisy Irani as Nargis Pastakia
- Dinyar Contractor
- Nauheed Cyrusi as Anahita
- Mahabanoo Modi Kotwal as Dhan Aunty
- Beroze as Farhad's aunt
|Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi|
|Soundtrack album Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
The album is composed by Jeet Gannguli.
|1.||"Khatti Meethi"||Amitabh Bhattacharya||Jeet Gannguli||Shreya Ghoshal|
|2.||"Ishq Mein Tere Bina"||Amitabh Bhattacharya||Jeet Gannguli||KK, Shreya Ghoshal|
|3.||"Kaafir Andhere"||Amitabh Bhattacharya||Jeet Gannguli||KK|
|4.||"Kukuduku"||Amitabh Bhattacharya||Jeet Gannguli||Mohit Chauhan|
|5.||"Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Title Song"||Amitabh Bhattacharya||Jeet Gannguli||Neeraj Shridhar|
|6.||"Ramba Mein Samba"||Faraz Ali||Jeet Gannguli||Usha Uthup|
Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi was released on 24 August 2012.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2019)
Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi received positive to mixed critical reactions. Sukanya Verma of Rediff gave the movie 3.5/5, commenting that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi certainly makes for a welcome break from farcical exaggerations. What sets this delightful love story apart is that it is woven around two 40-plus Parsis, who neither face the hurdle of age nor community." Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN gave the movie 3/5, concluding that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi is a charming film made with heart. Give it a chance, you won’t be disappointed." Shomini Sen of Zee News gave the movie 3/5, stating that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi makes you smile and laugh with each of its characters and their crazy, confusing ways. It will remind you of the bygone era when things were simpler." Aniruddha Guha of DNA India gave the movie 3/5, saying that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi demands little of you and delivers enough for you to not grudge spending time and money on it." Aakanksha Naval-Shetye of DNA India gave the movie 3/5, stating that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi is too sweet and too simple, but makes for a fun watch." Madhureeta Mukherjee of The Times of India gave the movie 3/5, concluding that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi is no epic love tale, but it's worth a watch for those who like their cinema as buttered as their bun maska." Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV gave the movie 2.5/5, commenting that "Shirin Farhad Ki To Nikal Padi is warm-hearted and generally watchable without being exhilarating." Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave the movie 3.5/5, saying that "SHIRIN FARHAD KI TOH NIKAL PADI is a simple, unfussy and heartfelt movie that hits the right notes." Salman Khan praised the movie and told at least once it is watchable.
Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi had a good opening at the box office at 20%, collecting ₹16.0 million (US$200,000) in its first day. The movie collected ₹60 million (US$750,000) in its first weekend, collecting ₹19.0 million (US$240,000) in its second day and ₹25.0 million (US$310,000) in its third day. The film collected ₹94.8 million (US$1.2 million) nett in week one.
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Week One Territorial Breakdown.The collection seems to rise in next week". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "India's vanishing Parsis - Not fade away". The Economist. 1 September 2012.
- Filippo Carlà-Uhink; Anja Wieber (2020). Orientalism and the Reception of Powerful Women from the Ancient World. Bloomsbury Publishing. p. 265. ISBN 978-1-350-05011-2.
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi". Bollywood Hungama.
- Sukanya Verma. "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi review: Forty, fabulous and feel good!".
- Rajeev Masand. "Masand: 'Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi' is made with a lot of heart". Archived from the original on 26 August 2012.
- Shomini Sen. "Review: 'Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi' is a laugh riot all the way!".
- Aniruddha Guha. "Aniruddha Guha reviews: Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi is sweet and simplistic".
- Aakanksha Naval-Shetye. "The After Hrs review: Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi".
- Madhureeta Mukherjee. "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Review – The Times of India".
- Saibal Chatterjee. "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Review – NDTV".
- Taran Adarsh. "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Review – Bollywood Hungama".
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Has Poor Opening". Box Office India.
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Has Dull Opening". Box Office India.
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi First Day Business". Box Office India.
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Has Flat Weekend". Box Office India.