Shirley Paget, Marchioness of Anglesey
Elizabeth Shirley Vaughan Morgan, Dowager Marchioness of Anglesey, DBE, LVO (born 4 December 1924, better known as Dame Shirley Paget) is a writer and the daughter of novelists Charles Langbridge Morgan and Hilda Vaughan. Her brother, Roger Morgan, was Librarian of the House of Lords.
Before marriage she worked in the Foreign Office as personal secretary to Gladwyn Jebb. She was President of the National Federation of Women's Institutes 1966-1969, a board member of the British Council 1985-1995, chairman of the Broadcasting Complaints Commission 1987-1991, and vice-chairman of the Museums and Galleries Commission 1989-1996.
She wrote The countrywoman's year (1960).
She married Sir George Charles Henry Victor Paget, 7th Marquess of Anglesey on 16 October 1948. Upon her marriage her surname became Paget and she gained the title, Marchioness of Anglesey.
She was invested as a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 1977. She was invested as a Dame Commander, Order of the British Empire (DBE) in 1983. She was later invested as a Lieutenant, Royal Victorian Order (LVO).
- Henry Paget, 7th Marquess of Anglesey (8 October 1922 – 13 July 2013)
- Lady Henrietta Charlotte Eiluned Paget (b. 31 July 1949)
- Charles Alexander Vaughan Paget, 8th Marquess of Anglesey (b. 13 November 1950)
- Lady Elizabeth Sophia Rhiannon Paget (b. 14 May 1954)
- Lord Rupert Edward Llywellyn Paget (b. 21 July 1957)
- Lady Amelia Myfanwy Polly Paget (b. 12 September 1963)
- Peter W. Hammond, editor, The Complete Peerage or a History of the House of Lords and All its Members From the Earliest Times, Volume XIV: Addenda & Corrigenda (Stroud, Gloucestershire: Sutton Publishing, 1998), page 25.
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes (Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999), volume 1, page 71.
- "ANGLESEY, Dowager Marchioness of,". Who's Who. 2015. Retrieved 22 February 2016. (subscription required (. ))
- "The 7th Marquis of Anglesey (obituary)". The Telegraph. 15 July 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- The countrywoman's year. 364 pp. (Joseph: 1960); ASIN: B0000CKQ92
- The Peerage.com
- Brief profile of Shirley Paget, Marchioness of Anglesey
- Profile of Charles Langbridge Morgan
|This biography of a marquess in the peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|