July 1, 1933|
St. Albans, England
|Known for||Interest in botanical illustration|
|Notable work||See Bibliography|
|Spouse(s)||James B. Sherwood|
Shirley Angela Sherwood OBE is a collector of, and author of books about, botanical illustrations. The Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art, opened on 19 April 2008, at Kew Gardens is named after her. It is the first gallery in the world dedicated solely to botanical art. Sherwood has been described as a "driving force behind a revival of interest in botanical art".
- The Art of Plant Evolution, by Dr Shirley Sherwood and Dr W John Kress
- Contemporary Botanical Artists: The Shirley Sherwood Collection
- A New Flowering: 1000 Years of Botanical Art, by Shirley Sherwood, Stephen Harris & Barrie Edward Juniper
- Treasures of Botanical Art: Icons from the Shirley Sherwood and Kew Collections, by Shirley Sherwood and Martyn Rix
- A Passion For Plants: Contemporary Botanical Masterworks from the Shirley Sherwood Collection
- "Sherwood, Shirley 1933-". encyclopedia.com. 2005. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- "Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art". Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Retrieved 24 March 2010.
- See Bibliography
- "Woman's Hour: Shirley Sherwood". BBC. 2002. Retrieved 24 March 2010.
- "Nature in Art - Trust". Nature in Art Trust. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Dr Shirley Sherwood to Guest Curate Botanical ArtExhibition". Orient Express. 2005-01-18. Retrieved 25 March 2010.
- "Sunday Times - Rich List". The Times (London).
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2011.
|This article about a British botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|