This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shiro Izumi (和泉 史郎, Izumi Shirō) (born May 6, 1961) is a former Japanese actor, well known for his roles in the Super Sentai franchise. He played two different central characters there: Yuuma Oozora/Change Pegasus in Dengeki Sentai Changeman and the role for which he gained the most attention, Burai/Dragon Ranger in Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger. His tenure as Burai was so popular and successful that when his character died in Zyuranger, a letter writing campaign was undertaken by fans of the series to have him brought back. While the writers ultimately decided to have Burai remain dead as a way of showing the younger viewers that even heroes die at times, Izumi returned to the role briefly as Burai's ghost toward the end of the series. He guest starred in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger and Chōriki Sentai Ohranger and appeared in the short Super Sentai World (as a photographer). He has retired from acting and has one son.
- Dengeki Sentai Changeman (1985-1986) - Yûma Ôzora / Change Pegasus
- Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger (1992) - Burai / DragonRanger
- Chōriki Sentai Ohranger (1995) - Kenichi's Father
- Super Sentai World (1994) - Masato
- "Behind The Voice Actors - Shiro Izumi". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
|This article about a Japanese actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|