|Foaled||10 April 2001|
|Breeder||Baron Georg von Ullmann|
|Owner||Baron Georg von Ullmann|
André Fabre (age 4-5)
|Deutsches Derby (2004)|
Gran Premio del Jockey Club (2004)
Breeders' Cup Turf (2005)
Coronation Cup (2006)
Prix Foy (2006)
Jockey Club Stakes (2006)
|German Horse of the Year (2005)|
|Last updated on 20 February 2007|
Shirocco (foaled 10 April 2001) is a German Thoroughbred racehorse. He was trained in his native Germany by Andreas Schütz up to the end of his three year old season before moving to French trainer André Fabre to race as a four and five year old.
Shirocco was sired by Monsun, a German racehorse and leading sire. His dam was The Minstrel mare So Sedulous who won two races when trained in England by Geoff Wragg. She was also the dam of Subiaco (winner of the Group 2 Gerling-Preis) and stakes winners Satchmo, Storm Trooper and September Storm.
In 2005 Shirocco was named German Horse of the Year.
In October 2006 he was purchased by Darley Stud and retired to Dalham Hall Stud in Newmarket, England. In seven seasons on the Darley stallion roster he sired Brown Panther (winner of the Group 1 Irish St. Leger), Windstoss (winner of the Group 1 Deutsches Derby) and Group 2 winners Arrigo, Grand Vent and Wild Coco. Before the start of the 2014 breeding season he was sold to Glenview Stud in Fermoy, County Cork, Ireland to stand as a National Hunt stallion. In 2016 his daughter Annie Power won the Champion Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.
Monsun (GER) 1990
|Königsstuhl (GER) 1976||Dschingis Khan (GER) 1961||Tamerlane (GB) 1952|
|Donna Diana (GER) 1956|
|Konigskronung (GER) 1965||Tiepoletto (FR) 1956|
|Kronung (GER) 1957|
|Mosella (GER) 1985||Surumu (GER) 1974||Literat (GER) 1965|
|Surama (GER) 1970|
|Monasia (GER) 1979||Authi (IRE) 1970|
|Monacensia (GER) 1969|
So Sedulous (USA) 1991
|The Minstrel (CAN) 1974||Northern Dancer (CAN) 1961||Nearctic (CAN) 1954|
|Natalma (USA) 1957|
|Fleur (CAN) 1964||Victoria Park (CAN) 1957|
|Flaming Page (CAN) 1959|
|Sedulous (IRE) 1986||Tap On Wood (IRE) 1976||Sallust (GB) 1969|
|Cat O'Mountaine (GB) 1967|
|Pendulina (IRE) 1978||Prince Tenderfoot (USA) 1967|
|Rosemarin (GB) 1966|
- "Shirocco to Enter Stud at Dalham Hall in England". 23 October 2006. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Morris, Tony (8 July 2004). "Shirocco another success story for Classic blend". The Racing Post. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "So Sedulous, dam of Shirocco, is put down". Racing Post. 21 February 2008. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "September Storm - Stallion Profile". Racing Post. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "Windstoss emulates his sire to land a first top-level success". Racing Post. 2 July 2017. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "Shirocco Progency". Racing Post. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "Shirocco on the move to Glenview Stud". Racing Post. 29 October 2013. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- "Shirocco Pedigree". Retrieved 2017-07-04.
|This article about a racehorse is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|