From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Location of Shiroishi-ku in Sapporo
|Established||April 1, 1972|
|• Mayor||Yoichi Horiuchi|
|• Total||46.35 km2 (17.90 sq mi)|
|Population (February 1, 2012)|
|• Density||4,430.70/km2 (11,475.5/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|Address||3-Kita-1-1 Hongo-dori, Shiroishi-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido 003-8612|
- 1871: Shiroishi village was founded.
- 1873: Kamishiroishi village split off from Shiroishi village.
- 1902: Shiroishi village and kamishiroishi village were merged to form Shiroishi village.
- 1950: Shiroishi village was merged into Sapporo city.
- 1972: Sapporo was designated as one of the cities designated by government ordinance and Shiroishi-ku was established.
- 1989: Atsubetsu-ku split off from Shiroishi-ku.
- JR Hokkaido
- Sapporo Municipal Subway
- Hokkaido Sapporo Higashi High School
- Hokkaido Sapporo Shiroishi High School
- Hokkaido Sapporo Hakuryo High School
- Shiroishi-ku word office (Japanese)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shiroishi-ku, Sapporo.|
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|