Members of Shironamhin in 2018 (left to right): Diat Khan, Kazi Ahmad Shafin, Sheikh Ishtiaque, Ziaur Rahman Zia & Rashel Kabir.
|Labels||Rabbit Communication, G-Series, Laser Vision, Siren|
Kazi Ahmad Shafin
Tanzir Tuhin |
Shironamhin (Bengali: শিরোনামহীন Śirōnāmahīn English: Untitled) is an independent band from Dhaka, Bangladesh. They have presented orchestration with rock gesture in Bengali music.They have infused classical instruments such as sarod, cello, flute, esraj, violin and many more.
It was founded in 1996 by Ziaur Rahman Zia with Jewel and Bulbul. Their first album Jahajee was released in 2004. Since they have released 5 studio albums and several mixed albums. Their latest album titled Shironamhin Shironamhin was released on 19 July 2013 Present members of this band are Ziaur Rahman (bass and compose), Kazi Ahmad Shafin (drums), Diat Khan (guitar), Rashel Kabir (keyboard) and Sheikh Ishtiaque (vocal).
- 1 1996: early years
- 2 2004–present
- 3 Musicianship
- 4 Members
- 5 Awards and achievements
- 6 Android application
- 7 Television advertisement
- 8 References
- 9 External links
1996: early years
Shironamhin was founded by Ziaur Rahman Zia with Jewel as guitarist and Bulbul as vocal in 1996. In the beginning, they used to jam and perform in the university campus gossip areas and street crowd. Later, they started performing in the campus stage live performances bringing in some changes in the use of their musical instruments. They introduced plugged guitar and sarod along with drums in their music. Most of the songs they used to perform in stage shows were their own songs which were completely new for the audience. Their performance earned some fame for the lyrics and tune of their music.
During their early years of their band formation, in time to time they tried to record their own compositions in various studios which did not work in a result for a complete album. In the year 2000, Tanzir Tuhin joined Shironamhin as main vocal. He was a classmate of Ziaur in BUET. Farhan and Tushar joined the band in 2003. Farhan used to play sarod, dotara and Tushar played guitar. Kazi Ahmad Shafin joined the band in 2003 as a drummer. The band participated in the final round of the 2nd 'Star Search Competition' arranged by Benson & Hedges. The listeners’ feedback made them feel the urge to frame their creations into an album. They had more than 50 songs which they used to sing on live performance. They compiled 10 out of them for their debut album jahajee.
Diat khan as guitarist and Rashel Kabir as keyboardist joined the band in 2009 and 2010 respectively.
At first the band was formed without a name and their very first performance was held at a programme at TSC auditorium, University of Dhaka. They went to perform there very casually and were not bothered to have a title of their group. But the audience became amazed by their stage performance and were asking about the band name. Then they instantly came up with the name Shironamhin which literally means untitled.
Shironamhin, released their first album in 2004 after 8 years of the formation of the band. Last album of the band is Shironamhin Shironamhin was released on 19 July 2013. On 1 August 2008 Shironamhin obtained the membership of Bangladesh Music Bands Association (BAMBA)
Jahaji was based on urban lifestyle and struggling. The title track of the album, itself speaks so. Shironamhin, tried to portray the usual daily life and elements from middle class career seeking young sailor of a Bronx. The cultural interest, the gossip in a crowded cityscape, the life of mono busy traffic etc. were conveyed with metaphor and events by this album. Jahajee was the only album from the band Shironamhin that was refused and rejected by every known record label company of Dhaka.
Ichchhe Ghuri (2006)
Ichchhe Ghuri was second album of Shironamhin released from the record label company G-Series in 2006. They tried to do some experiments, draw some maturity in compositions, suited compositions for Live performances and fix in a style for Shironamhin’s own. Shironamhin is keen on lyrics from nature. They tried to convey urban crisis in this album in which they did not to draw any comment or did not even try to draw any suggestion. Shironamhin just wanted the listeners to get the message with their own understanding and draw the images or characters with own personal fantasy. They mostly worked on certain topic or events on short-time span. They loved to talk about urban life, draw the urban texture. Cafeteria was a story of one second judging from vivid angles. It is based on a moment someone entering into his campus cafeteria and feel two silent eyes among so many noise and fumes around from the cafe gossiping. Shironamhin tried to make the listeners recall their own cafeteria in their campus life.
Bondho Janala (2009)
Bondho Janala was a bit challenging for Shironamhin as they were very much used to with sarod sound compositions. In the album they had to explore many more acoustic instruments like esraj, silver flute, trumpet as the album was enriched with vivid orchestration. Lyrically the band Shironamhin tried to work on their already established genre of urban life talks with some bigger aspects and along with historical events or movements. It was released by the record label company G-Series in 2009.
Shironamhin Rabindranath (2010)
In 2010, Shironamhin released their fourth studio album, which features rock interpretations of Rabindra Sangeet, titled Shironamhin Rabindranath, under the banner of Laser Vision.  Shironamhin, thinks that, Rabindranath Tagore was a cultural institute for them. As a Bengali with a minimum sensibility for culture can not live without knowing him. Tuhin academically learned Rabindra Sangeet when he is in Bulbul Lalitakala Academy (BAFA). The album was a Rabindra Sangeet album and tribute to Tagore. Zia, thinks that, many of there fans, particularly teenagers, are not that familiar with Rabindra Sangeet. The album is an attempt to generate interest in Bengali poet Tagore among the young audience.
Shironamhin Shironamhin (2013)
This is the fifth studio album in self-titled of the band. This album is a collection of 10 track which is selected from 25 track. Shironamhin tried to compile confession, demand, rage, hope & anticipation in their self-titled album to invite a new light through old windows. From lyrical point of view, this album is more specific on topic, searching the positive sides of a negative living. Musically Shironamhin tried western classic orchestration based on violin, cello, contrabass section fused with rock guitar, bass & drums accompaniment. Shironamhin recalled all the members & persons who worked for Shironamhin once and forever, expressed their gratitude to those who carried shironamhin to their journey and dedicated their songs to the listeners whom shironamhin is comfortable to call friends.
Shironamhin plays wide variety of instruments and fuse them together in their music. This makes Shirohamin unique. Shironamhin, have developed their own style of blending of the popular western instruments like guitar, drum kit Bass and keyboard along with the traditional folk instruments like Bansuri, Dotara and Indian classical instruments and also instruments like Sarod, Esraj, Scottish, Bodhran, Banjo, Silver flute, African instruments like Mondo Mo Fa Head, Rainmaker; Western classic instruments like Violin, Cello, Trumpet, Coronet, Saxophone etc. Shironamhin effectively creates a very complicated hectic quality of lyrics by putting side by side contrasting allegory of urban myth, morose state of human soul and their expectation from life itself. Besides they paint ruthless landscape in the context of Lifescape of urbanity; they depict the rustic rural within a controlled yet personalized emotional content. The construction of lyric, tune & composition, the live sound producing, the album production with technical supports, the presentation of graphical skill and design made them much popular in Bangladesh.
In their 4th album Shironamhin Rabindranath 39 acoustic instruments were played for the composition which they had to arrange from all over the globe. For this album they used the rainmaker from Brazil, Darbuka from Egypt, Irish tin whistle and a Bodhran from Scotland.
Shironamhin started to perform live by performing at the TSC, Dhaka University auditorium, along with the stage drama performance of Podatik Nattyachakra. They started with a total acoustic approach and later as they had to perform in front of thousands people lately, they applied changes for the sake of solid performance. Shironamhin performed in many underground and mainstream.Recently members of the band are performing in the mainstream open-air concerts mostly.
- Ziaur Rahman Zia – songwriter, Composer, bass, Cello, Sarod (1996–present)
- Kazi Ahmad Shafin – drums, Sarod, Flute (2003–present)
- Diat Khan – Guitar (2009–present)
- Rashel Kabir – keyboards (2010–present)
- Sheikh Ishtiaque – Vocals (2017-present)
- Bulbul - (1996–1998; 2003-2005)
- Jewel – guitars (1996–1999)
- Tanzir Tuhin – vocals (2000–2017)
- Farhan – sarod, dotara (2004-2006)
- Tushar – guitars (2004-2009)
- Prince – keys (2005–2006)
- Rajib – keyboards, synths, keys (2006-2010)
Awards and achievements
Cultural Journalist Forum of Bangladesh
The award are given by the Cultural Journalist Forum of Bangladesh. Shironamhin have received 1 award.
Citycell-Channel I Music Award
|2006||Pakhi||Best Music Video||Won|
Symphony Channel I Music Award
|2016||Shironamhin||Best Music Band||Won|
In April 2014, Shironamhin band launched their official android application titled "Shironamhin". Details about the band members, songs of their fifth album, song lyrics, images and updates of the band’s activities can be found through the application.
- "ব্যবসায়িক দিক বিচারে মিডিয়া নতুনদের ব্যবহার করছে : তুহিন - বিনোদন". Jugantor.
- http://ceylontoday.lk/64-58163- news-detail-the-clash-of-souls-and- other-music.html
- (www.dw.com), Deutsche Welle. "বাংলা ব্যান্ড সংগীতের পথচলা - আলাপ - DW - 27.02.2018". DW.COM.
- "রবীন্দ্রসংগীত নিয়ে 'শিরোনামহীন'".
- "অনেক চমক নিয়ে আসছে 'শিরোনামহীন'". Prothom Alo. 2013-06-17. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- "Shironamhin to release self-titled album internationally". Prio News. 2013-05-28. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- "Shironamhin to release self-titled album". New Age (Bangladesh). Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- "ব্যান্ডসঙ্গীতে ভাঙনের ঢেউ । বিনোদন".
- "Shironamhin > The Official WebSite". shironamhin.net.
- "Tuhin reveals the reason behind leaving Shironamhin". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 2017-10-07.
- "নতুন সদস্য নিয়ে শিরোনামহীন".
- Eibela.Com. "শিরোনামহীন ব্যান্ডের নতুন সদস্য হলেন শেখ ইশতিয়াক".
- Dhaka Tribune
- "Shironamhin launches its third album Bondho Janala". 15 February 2009.
- "Shironamhin Rabindranath to be released on Eid". The Daily Star. 2010-08-28. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- "Remembering Tagore - Shironamhin". Emaho Magazine. 2012-04-12. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- "Shironamhin Rabindranath to be released on Eid". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2010-08-28.
- "Shironamhin new album shironamhin". bdmusicnetwork.com. 2012-12-30. Retrieved 2013-06-22.
- "Free download shironamhin new album shironamhin". iReport. 2013-06-22. Retrieved 2013-06-22.
- "Page Not Found". observerbd.com.
- "Shironamhin". Last.fm. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- "Shironamhin > The Official WebSite » Discography". www.shironamhin.net.
- "Life Online - Galle Music Festival 2014". life.dailymirror.lk.
- "Galle Music Festival 2014 - FT Online". www.ft.lk.
- "'Galle Music Festival 2014': Third season - The Sundaytimes Sri Lanka". www.sundaytimes.lk.
- "Shahnaz Rahmatullah among others receives Symphony-Channel i Music Award". www.observerbd.com.
- Shironamhin app The New Age
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shironamhin.|