The station building in October 2015
|Location||3 Minami-Saiwaichō, Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa-ken 212-0016
|Operated by||JR East|
|Distance||1.7 km from Kawasaki|
|Opened||9 March 1927|
|Passengers (FY2013)||12,873 daily|
Shitte Station is served by the 35.5 km Nambu Line from Tachikawa to Kawasaki, and lies 1.7 km from the southern terminus of the line at Kawasaki. It is also the northern terminus and starting point of the 4.1 km Nambu Branch Line to Hama-Kawasaki.
|1||■ Nambu Line||for Kawasaki|
|2||■ Nambu Line||for Musashi-Kosugi, Musashi-Mizonokuchi, Noborito, and Tachikawa|
|3||■ Nambu Branch Line||for Hatchōnawate and Hama-Kawasaki|
|Rapid: Does not stop at this station|
|Nambu Branch Line|
The station opened on the Nambu Railway on March 9, 1927, initially named Shitte Halt (尻手停留場 Shitte-Teiryūjō). It officially became a full station in 1929. The Nambu Branch Line opened on 25 March 1930, initially as a freight-only line. The Nambu Railway was nationalized on April 1, 1944, becoming part of the Japanese Government Railway (JGR) system, which became the Japanese National Railways (JNR) from 1949. A freight-only spur line to the Shin-Tsurumi Freight Terminal was opened on 1 October 1973 from the line just north of the station. With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, the station came under the control of JR East.
In fiscal 2013, the station was used by an average of 12,873 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- National Route 1
- Nambu Wholesale Market
- Hie Shrine
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. pp. 65–69. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2013年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2013)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2001. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2006. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shitte Station.|
- JR East Station information (in Japanese)