Shivaji Hockey Stadium
|Full name||Shivaji Hockey Stadium|
|Former names||Shivaji Stadium|
|Location||New Delhi, India|
|Owner||New Delhi Municipal Corporation|
|Operator||New Delhi Municipal Corporation|
|India women's national field hockey team|
Shivaji Hockey Stadium is a hockey stadium located in New Delhi, India. The stadium was one that was selected to host hockey matches for 2010 Commonwealth Games but stadium was not ready before the games as construction of seating facilities and one venues which was come controversies of Commonwealth Games.
In 2004, the stadium was identified as home for India women's hockey team and selected venue for the practice venue for hockey and swimming but later its changed to Dhyan Chand National Stadium and SPM Swimming Pool Complex.
- Synthetic surfaces
- Parking lot of 1500 vehicles with multi-levels
- Changing rooms, physio rooms etc.
Shivaji Stadium metro station is just under a Km from Shivaji Hockey Stadium.
- NDMC slammed over CWG renovations
- "CWG: Hockey stadium set to miss deadline". NDTV. 11 August 2010. Retrieved 4 November 2018.
- Finally, Shivaji Stadium likely to be ready
- Women's team flayed for poor performance
- UBA Pro Basketball League: Pune Peshwas, Hyderabad Sky register wins Indian Sports News, 29 February 2016. Accessed 1 May 2017.
|This article about an Indian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|