Shivajinagar is an inner suburban locality at Pune, India.
|Named for||Shiledar Shirole (Patil)|
|• Type||Pune Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Coastline||0 kilometres (0 mi)|
Before 1750, Shivajinagar was known as Bhambvade. At the turn of 20th century it was called Bhamburda. During the Peshwa era, a factory making hand crafted paper operated from Bhamburda village.. This village is traditionally owned by Shiledar Shirole (Patil) family who were Patil of this village and Shiledar (Warriors) in the Maratha army..
Shivajinagar is an older inner suburb of Pune.The area is home to many central,state and local government offices as well as educational establishments.These include the district court (Pune), Pune Municipal Corporation, Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Commerce, Fergusson College, College of Engineering, Pune, Agricultural College,Pune, and Shivaji preparatory military school.
Shivajinagar has a bus station that connects Pune to different destinations in Maharashtra as well in neighboring states and is well connected to other parts of the city by local PMPML buses.The bus station is adjacent to the Shivajinagar railway station. Pune to Lonavla suburban trains and many long distance trains make a stop here. The Mumbai – Pune old national highway begins from Shivajinagar which links Pune Railway Station area via Shivajinagar, Khadki, Pimpri, Chinchwad, and Nigdi and Dehu Road.
- Ratna N. Rao (1990). Social Organisation in an Indian Slum: Study of a Caste Slum. Mittal Publications. pp. 42–43. ISBN 978-81-7099-186-1.
- (PDF) http://www.insa.nic.in/writereaddata/UpLoadedFiles/IJHS/Vol01_2_7_SAKGhori.pdf. Missing or empty
- [>surnames>shirole, Shirole Genealogy, Shirole Family History]
- ,College of Agriculture, Pune.
- ,AISSMS SHRI SHIVAJI PREPARATORY MILITARY SCHOOL