Shivajinagar Station–Swargate Skywalk
This article needs to be updated.(April 2021)
The Shivajinagar Station – Swargate Skywalk is a proposed skywalk in Pune in Maharashtra state of the Republic of India. This will join Shivajinagar Station to Swargate via Shaniwarwada, Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati and Mandai Market. Pune Municipal Corporation has started a feasibility study of this skywalk on the Shivajinagar Station to Shaniwarwada section and Mandai Market to Swargate section. This skywalk will be constructed on four sides of Mandai Market. This will be made in three parts Shivajinagar Station to Shaniwarwada, Swargate to Mandai Market and Mandai Market to Shaniwarwada.
The Objectives to construct this skywalk are:
- To reduce pedestrians obstructing traffic.
- This will also reduce traffic jams on Chhatrapati Shivaji Road.
- Drinking Water arrangement will be made.
- Elevator facilities will be also available at some places.
- Moving Staircases and ramps will be available.
- "Pune Mirror - Pune Mirror". Punemirror.in. 21 April 2010. Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- "Let's Skywalk the Swargate – Shivajinagar road | SIMC WIRE". Simcwire.simc.edu. Archived from the original on 20 July 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2011.