|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Years active||2012 – Present|
Shivam Patil is an Indian actor and dancer. He made his Bollywood debut in 2013, playing the male lead in Nasha. He subsequently played the lead role of 'Rohan' in Sunny Deol's Ghayal Once Again in 2016. Patil's next film was Akshat Verma's Kaalakaandi, which released on 12 January 2018.
Patil was cast in a thirteen episode fiction show on MTV India, called MTV Rush, a show based on a fictional college festival called Rush, which was directed by filmmaker Bejoy Nambiar and slated to be aired in 2012.
In 2013, he played the protagonist in the 6th episode of MTV Webbed called "Even Family is Fair Play", where he portrayed the character of a sexually confused teenager.
In 2012, Patil was cast as the male lead in Nasha, where he played the role of Saahil, a teenage student who falls in love with his drama teacher Anita played by Poonam Pandey. He was called the "surprise packet of the film" by Taran Adarsh, who noted his ease in front of the camera. Khalid Mohamed, reviewing for the Deccan Chronicle, called his performance in the film "particularly impressive, confident and nuanced, without ever going over the top". Mohamed also stated, "surely, he deserved a better first film". The Mumbai Mirror stated that "Shivam plays it stiff and not terribly expressive. This ultimately works for his character Sahil, and is completely intentional."
Patil had also acted in Sunny Deol's Ghayal Once Again, the sequel to Deol's 1990 film Ghayal. In Ghayal, Patil plays Rohan, a lawyer’s son who stands up against injustice. Upon release, Patil's performance in the film was appreciated by critics. Ritika Handoo, reviewing for Zee News, called his performance "a job worthy of mention". Anna MM for the Firstpost said that "Aanchal Munjal and Shivam Patil - Anushka and Rohan here – are worth watching out for" Screenwriter and director Khalid Mohamed called his performance "impressive".
Patil's recent film is Kaalakaandi, which is directed by Akshat Verma, who last wrote Delhi Belly). He plays the character of 'Jehangir Jehangir' as part of the ensemble cast. The movie's release date was 12 January 2018.
|Year||Work||Role||No. of Episode(s)|
|2014||Yeh Hai Aashiqui||Rahul||1|
|2014||Yeh Hai Aashiqui||Jeet||1|
|2016||Ghayal Once Again||Rohan|
|2017||Mumbai Special 6||Mr.Rohan||Best Actor|
- Maniar, Parag (27 July 2013). "I'm an actor, not a stripper: Shivam Patil". Times Of India. Retrieved 4 November 2018.
- Shivam debuts with unconventional role - Times Of India
- "Shivam makes his Bollywood debut with Poonam Pandey in Nasha". Sify. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "I was looking for 17-years-olds who looked, Behaved like kids". mumbaimirror.com. Mumbai Mirror.
- "It's a new life everyday". Eshita Srinivas. Deccan Herald. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Shivam's debut as an actor in "Nasha"". NewsX. 9 July 2013. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- 16 August 2013 - Reenu bahl (2013-08-16). "A passionate start". The Asian Age. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- MTV Rush To Go On-Air | Box Office India: India’s premier film trade magazine
- "'ये है आशिकी' में बयां होगी सच्चे प्यार की दास्तान". Awadh News. Awadh News. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- "'Nasha' actor Shivam Patil to appear on 'Yeh Hai Aashiqui'". mid-day.com. www.mid-day.com. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- Shivam sidelined at Nasha promotions, says it's okay: Bollywood, News - India Today
- Nasha Review - Bollywood Hungama
- 'Nasha' review: When Ma’am’s the word! | Deccan Chronicle
- "Frim review: Nasha". Mumbai Mirror. 2013-07-26. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- Vyavahare, Renuka. "Ghayal Once Again Movie Review". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Times Of India.
- Handoo, Ritika. "Ghayal Once Again movie review: Sunny Deol tries hard, script plays spoilsport!". zeenews.india.com/.
- M M, Anna. "Ghayal Once Again review: Sunny Deol, the sequel are disappointing and dated in equal measure". www.firstpost.com.
- Mohamed, Khalid. "Movie Review: Ghayal Once Again may give you a hellish headache". Spotboye.