|Native name||ಶಿವ ರಾಜ್ಕುಮಾರ|
Madras, Madras State, India
|Other names||Shivanna, Shivu, Puttu|
|Alma mater||University of Madras
M.G.R. Government Film and Television Training Institute
|Spouse(s)||Geetha (m. 1986)|
|Relatives||Kumar Bangarappa (Brother-in-Law). Vinay Rajkumar (nephew)|
|Family||Raghavendra Rajkumar (brother)
Puneeth Rajkumar (brother)
Putta Swamy, known by his screen name Shiva Rajkumar, is an Indian film actor, producer, playback singer, and television presenter best known for his work in Kannada cinema. He is the eldest son of actor Rajkumar. In his career spanning more than three decades, Kumar has worked in over 100 films.
After graduating in Bachelor of Science (Chemistry), Kumar made his debut screen appearance in films with Singeetham Srinivas Rao's Anand (1986). His first three films, namely Anand, Ratha Sapthami (1986) and Mana Mechchida Hudugi (1987) were all successful, which earned him the title Hattrick Hero.
Rajkumar has worked in the film industry for over 28 years, producing films Anand, Ratha Sapthami (1986), "Ranaranga","Mana mecchida hudugi"Om (1995), Janumada Jodi, Nammoora Mandara Hoove, A.K. 47,"Tavarige baa tanghi", Jogi, "Anna Tangi",Bhajarangi, Killing Veerappan, Shivalinga created milestones in kannada film industry and records at the box office. He was conferred honorary doctorate by Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University in 2014.
"Raja Bhushana" Shiva Rajkumar was born in Madras (now Chennai), Tamil Nadu, to actor Rajkumar and film producer Parvathamma. He has two sisters and two brothers; his younger brother, Raghavendra Rajkumar is a film producer and a former actor, and his youngest brother, Puneeth Rajkumar also an actor in Kannada cinema. Shiva Rajkumar did his schooling in T Nagar, Chennai and then studied at the New College, Chennai.
On the insistence of film director K. Balachander, Kumar joined an acting school in Chennai after completing his graduation from Madras University in 1983. After training in Kuchipudi dance at Vempetti Chinni Sathyam in Chennai during his college days, he made an entry into the Kannada film industry with Anand.
Shiva Rajkumar started his acting career with the film Anand in 1986. In his career spanning over 30 years, he acted in a variety of roles. The most notable movies of his career are Janumada Jodi, Jogi, Anand, Ratha Sapthami, Nammoora Mandara Hoove, Om, and Chigurida Kanasu. He acted in Sugreeva, which was shot in 18 hours. His Om, directed by Upendra, set a trend of gangster movies in Kannada and other film industries in India. It continues to be shown even to this day.
Bhajarangi (2013) was a box-office success, and went on to run for more than 100 days. The film was released in Karnataka, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. It was released in 212 theatres in the state of Karnataka alone. He played a coach in the sports drama Aryan, his first release of 2014.
Statement against dubbing
Awards and Honours
Shiva Rajkumar has won four Filmfare and four state awards in the best actor category. He has also won numerous Cine-Express, Sirigannada, ETV awards. He has also lent his name for creating awareness for social causes and charity. In his birthday, 'Shivarajkumar Suvarana Mahotsava Abhinandana Samithi' was formed for charity. 
- SIIMA Award for Social Responsibility (2012)
Karnataka State Awards
South Indian International Movie Awards
- Shiva (2012)
- The Visionnaire Award – London (2016)
- Kohinoor of South India – Presented by the British South India Council of Commerce & Visionnaire Entertainment – London (2016)
- Ujjwala Express Award: Aanand (1986), Bhoomitaayiya Chochala Maga (1998)
- Chitra Rasikara Sangha Prashasti: Midida Shruthi (1992), Janumada Jodi (1996), A.K.47 (1999)
- Hero-Honda Express Award: OM (1995), Janumada Jodi (1996), A.K.47 (1999)
- AaryabhaTa Prashasti: Janumada Jodi (1996)
- Screen Award: Nammoora Mandara Hoove (1996)
- SICA Special Jury Award: Thavarige Baa Thangi (2002), Chigurida Kanasu
- Hello Gandhinagara Award: Chigurida Kanasu (2004)
- 25 years of Shivaraj Kumar!. Cinecurry.com (3 February 2011). Retrieved on 29 March 2013.[dead link]
- Shiva Rajkumar – The Versatile Actor
- "VSKU to honour Hazare, U.R. Rao with doctorates".
- "Anna Hazare, U R Rao to be conferred honorary doctorate".
- Puneet Rajkumar – Filmography, Movies, Photos, Biography, Wallpapers, Videos, Fan Club at. Popcorn.oneindia.in. Retrieved on 29 March 2013.
- Galatta Tamil. "Shiva Rajkumar at Kalyan Jewellers Inauguration in Chennai | Galatta Tamil". Youtube. Retrieved 20 April 2015.
- Shivarajkumar, CineCurry.
- . Shivarajkumar receives an honorary doctorate – The Times of India
- ಪ್ರೇಕ್ಷಕರ ಒತ್ತಾಯದ ಮೇರೆಗೆ ಮತ್ತೆ ಬಂದಿದೆ ಓಂ!, One India, 1 September 2010
- "Shivrajkumar in seven wonders". Sify.com. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- Shivanna reduces weight for Mylari, One India, 6 April 2010
- Shivarajkumar comes out against dubbing. thehindu.com (25 January 2014). Retrieved on 30 July 2014.
- Dubbing issue has Sudeep and Shivarajkumar in a war of words. timesofindia.com (29 January 2014). Retrieved on 30 July 2014.
- Kannada Film Industry in Crisis over Dubbing Issue. ibtimes.co.in (27 January 2014). Retrieved on 30 July 2014.
- Charity for Shiva Rajkumar