Shiwaguchi Station building
(See other stations in Hiroshima)
|Opened||April 28, 1915|
Shiwaguchi Station (志和口駅 Shiwaguchi-eki?) is a JR West Geibi Line station located in Ibara, Shiraki-chō, Asakita-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. The "Shiwa" in the name derives from the nearby Shiwa-chō, Higashihiroshima, despite there being no shuttle bus or other connection between the two locations. This station should not be confused with other stations of similar-sounding name on the Geibi Line: Shimowachi, Shiomachi, and Shiwachi. Even though Shiwaguchi Station is an express stop station, the Miyoshi Liner does not stop here due to lack of passengers using the station.
- 1915-04-28: Shiwaguchi Station opens
- 1987-04-01: Japan National Railways is privatized, and Shiwaguchi Station becomes a JR West station
Station building and platforms
Shiwaguchi Station features one raised, island-style platform, capable of handling two lines simultaneously. The station building is a prominent one-story concrete building which includes a Green Window.
Two convenience stores are located directly across from the station. The Shiwaguchi Station Bus Stop is located near the station.
- Takaminami Post Office
- Shimizu Clinic
- Hiroshima Municipal Offices, Shiraki Branch
- Hiroshima Municipal Shiraki Junior High School
- Hiroshima Municipal Takaminami Elementary School
- Hiroshima Municipal Shiraki High School
- Misasa River
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 37 (Hiroshima-Miyoshi Route)
All lines are JR West lines.
- Geibi Line
- Miyoshi Express
- Commuter Liner/Local
- (Japanese) JR West