||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Initial release||April 2004|
6.net Build 138 / March 2011
|Written in||Microsoft Visual C++|
|Type||desktop notes, LAN messenger|
ShixxNOTE is a personal organizer, desktop sticky notes (post-it) program, instant messenger (LAN messenger) and a communications tool that is based on a multi thread client/server model. It lets its users display notes on their desktop and send them through a local area network (LAN), Internet or via e-mail to others.
Once a note is created, it is displayed on the desktop and can be shared over LAN, the Internet or email. Users can share notes with specific recipients or groups of users, save, print, export and import notes, set alarms and expiration dates, save notes to files and customize their appearance to match their desktop theme. Sent messages will be properly displayed on the destination system if ShixxNOTE is also installed on it. Otherwise, the system will use the standard Windows Messenger service to deliver the message. The program supports most Windows versions, including Windows 95/98/XP/2000/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8.1 and also the latest Windows 10.
- Version 4.net (released April 2002)
- Version 5.net (released August 2003)
- Version 6.net (first released in January 2005 and last released in September 2012)
- CNET Staff (27 February 2009). "ShixxNote (CNET Editor's Review)". CNET Download.com. Archived from the original on 20 October 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- Ionut Ilascu (10 November 2006). "Communication Has Never Been Easier". Softpedia.com. Retrieved 28 October 2015.