|Born||26 October 1947
Orahovac, AP Kosovo & Metohija, SR Serbia, FPR Yugoslavia
Shkëlzen Maliqi [a] (born 1947 in Orahovac, FPR Yugoslavia) is a Kosovo Albanian philosopher, art critic, political analyst and intellectual. During the early 1990s Shkelzen was also directly involved in politics. He was one of the founders of the Social Democratic Party of Kosovo and served as its first president from 1991 to 1993. He also held leading positions in civil society organisations such as the Kosovo Civil Society Foundation (1995–2000) and the Kosovo Helsinki Committee (1990–1997).
Maliqi has published several books on art and politics in Albanian, English, Italian, Spanish, and Serbian. From the beginning of the 1980s, he has been a regular contributor to the most important media outlets in Kosovo and the former Yugoslavia. Maliqi lives in Pristina and heads the "Gani Bobi" Institute for Social Studies.
Notes and references
|a.||^ Albanian spelling: Shkëlzen Maliqi, Serbian spelling: Škelzen Malići, Шкелзен Малићи.|
- Gani Bobi Official Website
- Shkelzen Maliqi's essay on "Beyond the New Art of Kosovo" published in Ulemec
- Maliqi's interview in German "Keine linke Option"
- Interview with Shkelzen Maliqi - "A Fictitious Bridge"
- Maliqi - "The future of Kosovo"
- Interview for Radio Free Europe (in Albanian)
- "Shkelzen Maliqi" query on "Amazon"
- "Shkelzen Maliqi" query on "Google Books"
- "Shkelzen Maliqi" query on "Google Scholar"