This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shlomo Einhorn (born January 21, 1979) is an Orthodox Rabbi and Dean of School at Yeshivat Yavneh (Yavneh Hebrew Academy), in Los Angeles. He is also a lecturer, educator and author.
In 2005, Einhorn became the head Rabbi of New York’s West Side Institutional Synagogue. Seven years later the Shul was drawing over 400 people every week. In 2010, the Orthodox Union gave Einhorn his own think tank to craft programming for other synagogues across America.
Einhorn holds a record for the longest continuous Torah class. The 18-hour class was a fundraiser, bringing in over $250,000 to support Jewish education. In 2017, Einhorn ran a 19 hour fundraiser that doubled the previous amount and raised over $500,000.
In 2012, Einhorn moved back to his hometown of Los Angeles to serve as Rav and Dean of Yavneh Hebrew Academy, an Orthodox prep school, and as the rabbi of its congregation. Einhorn was also voted by Jewrotica as one of the 10 sexiest Rabbis in the world.
In 2015, Einhorn released an introspective guide, weaving together pop culture and ancient Jewish wisdom, and its complementary music album, both titled Judaism Alive. Einhorn makes wide use of New Age thought, self-help ethos, and pop culture ideas. to bring home Torah centered The New Age band Enigma inspired his "Social Sermon" concept where he canvassed his following to get jokes, Torah insights, and stories to meld it into a sermon. He once brought Roger Daltrey of the Who to shul to talk about the importance of giving charity.
Einhorn extended his Judaism Alive Torah brand to include a second music album called "Teshuva". This album tells the story of repentance and return through music and Jewish ideas. Celebrity musicians and vocalists are featured throughout the album.This successful project is produced by Kaela Sinclair, lead vocalist of M83.
- Ilan (June 2004). "Gefen Publishing".
- "A Synagogue Defies the Odds | Manhattan, New York, NY | News". www.nypress.com. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "West Side Institutional Synagogue - Manhattan Sideways". sideways.nyc. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "NEW OU WINGS PROGRAM INVITES SYNAGOGUES TO SOAR - Orthodox Union". Orthodox Union. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Announcing Jewrotica's Sexiest Rabbis of 2014 – Jewrotica". jewrotica.org. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "ISIS, Rabbi Shlomo Einhorn, and Kiddush Hashem". Cross-Currents. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- Poch, Raphael. "'Longest shiur' raises $250,000 help families pay for day school". Israelnationalnews.com. Arutz Sheva.
- "A marathon torah lesson with Rabbi Einhorn | Religion". Jewish Journal. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "One Rabbi, Quarter-Million-Dollar Goal, And 18 Straight Hours Of Shiurim To Get There". The Jewish Press. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- href='http://jewishjournal.com/author/'></a>, BY <a (2018-04-25). "19 Straight Hours of Torah? For Shiur!". Jewish Journal. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- "The dynamic world of Yavneh's Rabbi Shlomo Einhorn | Los Angeles". Jewish Journal. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- Theme, Blog at WordPress com The Avid (August 2011). "7 Questions with Rabbi Shlomo Einhorn, Dean and Rav of Yeshivat Yavneh". JEWISH HOME LA. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Announcing Jewrotica's Sexiest Rabbis of 2014 – Jewrotica". jewrotica.org. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- Einhorn, Rabbi Shlomo (2015-09-16). Judaism Alive: Using the Torah to Unlock Your Life's Potential. Jerusalem: Gefen Publishing House. ISBN 9789652296528.
- "Judaism Alive: A Musical Odyssey by Judaism Alive on iTunes". iTunes. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- Brill, Alan. "Interview with Shlomo Einhorn –Judaism Alive". The Book of Doctrines and Opinions:. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- Brill, Alan. "Orthodoxy and Popular Culture". The Book of Doctrines and Opinions:. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- Theme, Blog at WordPress com The Avid. "7 Questions with Rabbi Shlomo Einhorn, Dean and Rav of Yeshivat Yavneh". JEWISH HOME LA. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- Brill, Alan. "A chat with Rabbi Shlomo Einhorn". The Book of Doctrines and Opinions:. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "WHAT'S THIS ABOUT". Rabbi Einhorn's Social Sermon Experiment. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "OU's Rabbi Einhorn to Create "Unique Social Sermon" - Orthodox Union". Orthodox Union. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Leaving for L.A. later this year, Rabbi Shlomo Einhorn is preparing a "Social Sermon" for a social congregation. Steve Lipman". The Jewish Week. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Jewish Singles Events and Jewish Dating events for Jewish Singles from JewishToDo". www.jewishtodo.com. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "The Jewish Week | Connecting the World to Jewish News, Culture, and Opinion". The Jewish Week. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Judaism Alive - Teshuva: The Return - Stereo Stickman". Stereo Stickman. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- "Judaism Alive – Teshuva: The Return – Beach Sloth". www.beachsloth.com. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- "Kaela Sinclair Talks About How She Aced the Audition to Be M83's New Keyboardist". Dallas Observer. 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2018-09-17.