Shlomo Halberstam (third Bobover rebbe)
|Third Bobover Rebbe|
|Full name||Shlomo Halberstam|
|Died||August 2, 2000(aged 93)|
|Buried||Floral Park Cemetery, Deans, New Jersey|
|Predecessor||Ben Zion Halberstam|
|Successor||Reb Naftali Halberstam|
|Father||Ben Zion Halberstam|
Shlomo Halberstam (1907 - August 2, 2000) (Hebrew: ר' שלמה הלברשטאם), was the third Rebbe of Bobov who re-established the Hasidic dynasty in the United States after World War II. He was the oldest son of Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam (1874–1941) of Bobov, who was murdered by the Nazis and their collaborators in the Holocaust.
Rabbi Halberstam died in summer of 2000, and was succeeded by his oldest son, Rabbi Naftali Halberstam (1931–2005).
A selection of his teachings were recorded in the book Kerem Shlome.
In 2016, the first addition of Divrei Shlomo, a new and revised selection of teachings was published by his son Ben Zion Aryeh Leibish Halberstam, the current Bobov Rebbe.
Rebbes of Bobov
- Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam (1847–1905) grandson of the Sanzer Rebbe, Rabbi Chaim Halberstam
- Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam (1874–1941)
- Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam (1907–2000)
- Rabbi Naftali Halberstam (1931–2005) older son of Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam
- 5. Rabbi Ben Zion Aryeh Leibish Halberstam, younger son of Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam
- "The Life And Legacy Of Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam". August 1, 2008.
- A video clip of Rabbi Solomon Halberstam
- A Video Clip of Rabbi Solomon Halberstam dancing at his great-granddaughter's wedding
Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam
| Rebbe of Bobov