Shlomo Halberstam (third Bobover rebbe)
|Title||Third Bobover Rebbe|
|Died||August 2, 2000(aged 93)|
|Successor||Reb Naftali Halberstam|
Shlomo Halberstam (1907 - August 2, 2000) (Hebrew: רבי שלמה האַלבּערשטאַם), was the third Rebbe of Bobov who re-established the Hasidic dynasty in the United States after World War II. He was the oldest son of Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam (1874–1941) of Bobov, who was murdered by the Nazis and their Ukrainian collaborators in the Holocaust.
Both he and a son his successor Reb Naftali survived and rebuilt in America. He also rebuilt in another way: he remarried, having lost his first wife and most of their children during the Holocaust.
Rabbi Halberstam died in summer of 2000, and was succeeded by his oldest son, Rabbi Naftali Halberstam (1931–2005).
A selection of his teachings were recorded in the book Kerem Shlome.
In 2016, the first edition of Divrei Shlomo, a new and revised selection of teachings was published by his son Ben Zion Aryeh Leibish Halberstam. The same year was also published the first edition of Chuchmas Shlomo, a new and revised selection of teachings, by his Talmid Rabbi Yechoskel Shlaff Rav of Biyolliva-london.
Rebbes of Bobov
- Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam (1847–1905) grandson of the Sanzer Rebbe, Rabbi Chaim Halberstam
- Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam (1874–1941)
- Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam (1907–2000)
- Rabbi Naftali Halberstam (1931–2005) older son of Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam
- 5. Rabbi Ben Zion Aryeh Leibish Halberstam, younger son of Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam
- Rabbi Mordechai Dovid Unger, son-in-law of Rabbi Naftali Halberstam, rebbe of Bobov-45
- "The Life And Legacy Of Rabbi Shlomo Halberstam". August 1, 2008.
- A video clip of Rabbi Solomon Halberstam
- A Video Clip of Rabbi Solomon Halberstam dancing at his great-granddaughter's wedding
Rabbi Ben Zion Halberstam
| Rebbe of Bobov