|Alma mater||Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Fields||Distributed computing and Computer networks|
|Institutions||Technion – Israel Institute of Technology|
|Doctoral advisor||Chung Laung Liu|
Schmuel Zaks (born 1949) is a computer scientist and mathematician who works in the fields of distributed computing and computer networks. He is a professor at Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, where he holds the Joan Callner-Miller Chair in Computer Science.
Zaks received his BSc degree from Technion in 1971 and MSc from Technion in 1972. In 1979 he received his PhD degree from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where his PhD supervisor was Chung Laung Liu. Since then, he has done joint work with numerous co-authors, including the prolific mathematician Paul Erdős.
During the 23rd International Symposium on Distributed Computing (DISC 2009), a series of lectures was organized to celebrate Schmuel Zaks's and Michel Raynal's 60th birthdays and their contributions in the development of the field of distributed computing.
In 2017, Zaks received the Prize for Innovation in Distributed Computing, at the SIROCCO 2017 conference, for his lifetime achievements in Distributed Computing.
- "Michel Raynal and Shmuel Zaks Celebration: Sixty and Beyond". 23rd International Symposium on Distributed Computing. Elche/Elx, Spain, September 23–25, 2009.
- "Prof. Shmuel Zaks". Faculty, Computer Science Department, Technion.
- "Shmuel Zaks, Professor". Technion Autonomous Systems Program.
- "Shmuel Zaks, Professor". Personal home page.
- "Prof. Shmuel Zaks on a short sabbatical at CREATE-NET". CREATE-NET Events. 30 September 2008.
- "Zaks, Shmuel". MathSciNet.
- "Shmuel Zaks". Mathematics Genealogy Project.
- Johnson, David S. (1984). "The genealogy of theoretical computer science: a preliminary report". SIGACT News. 16 (2): 36–49. doi:10.1145/1008959.1008960..
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|