|Created by||Tim Ferguson
|Written by||Chris Thompson|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||2|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||2001 – 2002|
Ferguson starred along with Matthew Dyktynski, Michael Veitch, Tom Budge, Rod Mullinar, Sancia Robinson, Fiona Todd and Cassandra Magrath, with many well-known Australian actors and comedians in guest roles. Tiriel Mora joined the second season.
It focused on an Australian talkback radio station, CHAT-AM, in the 1980s. The introduction of FM radio in the early 1980s was leading to the slow demise of the AM band. CHAT-AM discovered shock jock Barry Gold (Matthew Dyktynski) and its fortunes were reversed as the station transformed into a popular tabloid show.
Shock Jock was the first original series produced for TV1.
- "Chris Thompson". Australian Plays. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Brady, Nicole (6 June 2002). "Finding the funny in shocking jocks". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Moran, Albert (2009). The A to Z of Australian Radio and Television. Scarecrow Press. p. 310. ISBN 9780810868564.
- "TV1 orders Aussie sitcom for pay-TV". C21 Media. 10 August 2005. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "The Screen Guide - Shock Jocks". Screen Australia. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
|This comedy television series-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|