Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
|Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad|
|Composer(s)||Masahiko Hataya |
|Platform(s)||Arcade, Virtual Console, PlayStation Network|
May 18, 2016
|Genre(s)||Run and gun|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, two-player co-op|
|Display||Raster, 304 x 224 pixels (horizontal), 4096 colors|
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad (ショックトルーパーズ セカンドスカッド) is a run and gun arcade game developed by Saurus and published by SNK in 1998 for the Neo-Geo arcade and home platform. It has no connection with the first Shock Troopers game. 2nd Squad was re-released for the Wii's Virtual Console service in the North American region in 2012. SNK Playmore released it for iOS, Linux and Windows via Humble Bundle and Steam in 2016.
The gameplay system has been drastically changed because only four characters are selectable and there is no team mode from the first Shock Troopers. The graphics use pre-rendered sprites and the action is more violent. A major new feature is an ability to ride some vehicles, as in the Metal Slug games.
This article needs a plot summary. (June 2018)
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad for the Neo Geo was given a positive review by Classic Game Room despite being considered not as good as its predecessor. According to Hardcore Gaming 101, "Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad is often viewed as a disappointing follow up the original. Just like with Gunstar Super Heroes, Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad really only makes the mistake of sharing its name with a superior game. If judged by itself, it is really a great game and if it had been released as a stand alone with a different name, it would be recognized as such, rather than as an inferior sequel." The Virtual Console release of the game received a score of 7/10 from Nintendo Life.
- "Shock Troopers 2nd Squad". Nintendo.com. Nintendo of America. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- "SHOCK TROOPERS on Steam". Store.steampowered.com. 2016-05-18. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- "The Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity". Humblebundle.com. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- "Classic Game Room - SHOCK TROOPERS: 2nd SQUAD review for Neo-Geo". YouTube. 2013-08-11. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- "Shock Troopers". Hardcore Gaming 101. 2007-09-18. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- Dillard, Corbie (2013-01-08). "Shock Troopers 2nd Squad Review - Neo Geo". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
|This arcade game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|