|Founder||Robert Bright Tucker|
Number of locations
|over 1150 Revenue $6.1 billion|
|Divisions||The Shoe Dept.|
The Shoe Dept. Encore
Shoe Show, Inc. is an American footwear retailer based in Concord, North Carolina. It operates shoe stores throughout the United States under the brands Shoe Show, The Shoe Dept., The Shoe Dept. Encore, Shoebilee!, Burlington Shoes, and Shoe Show Mega.
The company was founded in 1960 by Robert B. Tucker and has more than 1150 locations. It acquired Burlington Shoes in 1986, Altier Shoes in 1993 and Shoebilee! in 2002. In the early 2000s, the company began opening Shoe Dept. Encore stores, which are larger than regular Shoe Dept. stores.
- "Shoe Show mulls Kannapolis expansion". Charlotte Business Journal. October 25, 2006. Retrieved December 24, 2010.
- "Company info". Shoe Show.com. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- "Business Briefs". Middlesboro Daily News. February 29, 1996. Retrieved December 24, 2010.
- "Shoe Show acquires 44 Shoebilee stores". The Victoria Advocate. February 27, 2002. Retrieved 2019-09-22.[dead link]
- Arthur E. Foulkes (December 29, 2009). "National retailer to open new store in Honey Creek Mall". TribStar.com. Archived from the original on 2012-03-18. Retrieved 2019-09-22.