This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Shoojit Sircar|
|Produced by||Ronnie Screwvala|
Shoebite is the story of a man in his early 60s played by Amitabh Bachchan. The film is based on a story Labour Of Love by M. Night Shyamalan.It is directed by Shoojit Sircar and produced by UTV Motion Pictures. The lyrics are penned by Gulzar.
During production, the movie was titled Johnny Mastana and later Johnny Walker.
Shoebite is the story of a man in his early 60s named John Pereira who sets out on a journey of self-discovery.
- Amitabh Bachchan as John Pereira
- Sarika as Aditi
- Dia Mirza
- Jimmy Sheirgill
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Apurva Mathur
Percept Picture Company announced a film called Johnny Walker starring Bachchan and directed by Sircar, but the film was never made. Sircar took the film to UTV Motion Pictures, renaming it Shoebite. Percept filed a lawsuit against UTV seeking to prevent Shoebite from being made. After a long legal battle, the lawsuit was dismissed in 2012. The production of the film has been speculated to be stalled. The director of the film Shoojit Sircar made film Vicky Donor and got it released since he started to face delays in Shoebite. Sircar released Madras Cafe in 2013, and the film has now been cancelled. In March 2018, Bachchan requested the makers to release the film in his tweet, saying Yes... put aside the internal debate, issues, or personal view points and give this labour of love from Shoojit Sircar a chance for others to appreciate this novel story and film... Please.. 
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 8 March 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Shoebite's a very unique love story: Sarika
- Ive grown up watching C grade movies: Nawazuddin Part 1 Archived 8 August 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Johnny Mastana" Archived 8 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine.,Apunkachoice, URL Retrieved on 8 April 2010
- "Amitabh's Shoebite in trouble". OneIndia. 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "UTV Wins Case Against Percept On Shoebite". Boxofficeindia.co.in. 2012-04-17. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- Shyamalan stalls release of Amitanh Bachchan film?
- Never expected families to turn up for 'Vicky Donor', says director
- "Vicky Donor is born". Tehelka. Vol 9, Issue 19, Dated 12 May 2012. Retrieved 2013-08-23. Check date values in: