Shoeburyness Old Ranges
|Shoeburyness Old Ranges|
|Type||Local Nature Reserve|
|Managed by||Essex Wildlife Trust|
Shoeburyness Old Ranges or Shoebury Ranges is a 6.4 hectare Local Nature Reserve in Shoeburyness in Essex. It is part of the Foulness Site of Special Scientific Interest, and of the Gunners Park and Shoebury Ranges nature reserve, which is managed by the Essex Wildlife Trust.
The site has flora unique in the county, on a habitat of unimproved grassland over ancient sand dunes. There are areas of grasses and sedges, while rushes are found in damp hollows. Rabbits graze the grassland, and close cropped areas have many lichens.[a]
There is no public access to the site, but it can be viewed from a footpath around the perimeter. The site was formerly part of MoD Shoeburyness.
- Shoeburyness Old Ranges is called Gunners Park in the Foulness citation
- "Shoeburyness Old Ranges". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. 16 March 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Map of Shoeburyness Old Ranges". Local Nature Reserves. Natural England. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Unit List, Foulness SSSI". Sites of Special Scientific Interest. Natural England. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Gunners Park and Shoebury Ranges Nature Reserve". Essex Wildlife Trust. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Foulness citation" (PDF). Sites of Special Scientific Interest. Natural England. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shoeburyness Old Ranges.|