Shoeburyness railway station
|Local authority||Borough of Southend-on-Sea|
|Number of platforms||3|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Key dates||Opened 1884|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
Shoeburyness railway station is the eastern terminus of the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway line (Engineer's Line Reference FSS), serving the town of Shoeburyness, Essex. It is 39 miles 40 chains (63.57 km) down the main line from London Fenchurch Street via Basildon; the preceding station is Thorpe Bay. Its three-letter station code is SRY.
It was opened in 1884. The station and all trains serving it are currently operated by c2c.
Shoeburyness is arranged in a through-station layout despite being a terminus. It was opened on 1 February 1884 by the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway. As a result of this layout, the station has step-free access from the town's high street to all of its platforms. Platforms 1 and 2 have an operational length for thirteen-coach trains and Platform 3 an operational length for nine-coach trains. A connection exists to the Ministry of Defence site nearby at Pig's Bay, to the east over a level crossing on the high street, and extensive carriage sidings exist to the west comprising 31 sidings.
The station was renovated in January 2013 to improve customer safety, security and facilities for the c2c customers.
The typical off-peak service frequency is:
- 4 tph (trains per hour) to London Fenchurch Street, of which:
- "Engineer's Line Reference".
- Brailsford, Martyn (2016). Railway Track Diagrams Book 2: Eastern. Frome: Trackmaps. p. 3. ISBN 978-0-9549866-8-1.
- c2c. "c2c Online - Shoeburyness station". Archived from the original on 25 July 2008. Retrieved 21 July 2008.
- Echo (10 January 2013). "Shoebury station re-opens after £700k revamp". Archived from the original on 20 April 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- CULG - District Line
Media related to Shoeburyness railway station at Wikimedia Commons
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
London, Tilbury and Southend Line
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|