|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Sholinganallur is a Residential Locality of Chennai Metropolitan city located on the IT corridor south of Chennai in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The rapid growth of Sholinganallur's economy, population and infrastructure can be attributed to Information Technology business Parks and dedicated Special Economic Zones (SEZ). Sholinganallur is surrounded by other IT based suburbs such as Siruseri, Perungudi and Taramani. Tamil Nadu Government's TIDCO is building a Financial City in Sholinganallur to house global financial corporations. Sholinganallur is the biggest assembly constituency in Tamil Nadu in terms of voters. Sholinganallur was annexed in to Chennai Corporation in 2011, and it is the last(200th) ward of Chennai city, administered as a part of Chennai Corporation.
Location and connectivity
Sholinganallur is located at the junction connecting East Coast Road to Tambaram, Mudichur and Adyar to Mahabalipuram, along Old Mahabalipuram Road. It is an important junction in Southern part of Greater Chennai. It is at a distance of 14.3 km from Tambaram, 2 km away from East Coast Road(ECR), 34.8 km away from Mamallapuram and 13.5 km away from Adyar. Sholinganallur is well connected by road ways. Many IT companies are located within 5 km. It is well connected with the city with MTC & TNSTC-villupuram and many share autorichshaws.
Sholinganallur is home to a number of BPO and IT/ITES companies. All major IT companies like Wipro, Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, Automotive Robotics,4iapps solutions, PayPal, eBay Inc, Exemplarr Worldwide, HCL Technologies, Cognizant (CTS), Tech Mahindra,Screen Plus have their own facilities in Sholinganallur. Almost all major IT/ITES companies like, Accenture India, ebay, Trident Solutions, American Megatrends, PayPal have their presence here.
The Suburb's population continues to grow rapidly as more and more employees and family of IT professionals (employed in the neighborhood) continue to move in and take up residence at Sholinganallur. Proximity to employment opportunities, good asset appreciation, outstanding road Infrastructure, proximity to beaches at ECR and other entertainment venues continues to attract more residents to this suburb.
Tamil Nadu Government's TNHB has created a satellite township at Shollinganallur with IT Parks, arterial roads, schools,parks, play grounds and bus Terminus. The TNHB township of 4000 dwellings is situated next to the upcoming 200 acres (0.81 km2) Rs1000 crore National Maritime university complex. DLF is currently building 3500 apartment complex in Sholinganallur. This complex will have a hospital, school and other amenities. Popular budget serviced apartments are available, which are mostly used by Corporates.
Popular restaurants such as Agusthya, Ponnusamy (Chettinad), Daawath (Mougal)and Thamburan(Malabar) are located here. Hanumaya mess and Bhaskar Andhra Mess, are two local low budget Cafeteria popular with people from all walks of life is also located here.
Housing area of Sholinganallur includes Akkarai, Panaiyur, Rajiv Gandhi Nagar,and MGR Nagar, uthandi(ECR TollPlaza) Which are located in East Coast Road.
Hospitals: Multi-speciality hospitals located around Sholinganallur are Adithya Bone & Joint Speciality Clinic, LifeLine Multi Speciality Hospital, Global Hospitals, Chettinad Hospitals, Swaram Hospitals, Life care and Om Sakthi Clinic.
Hotels: Eateries like McShort Eats, and other burger joints are available for people, two five-star hotels located at Sholinganallur are: the Starwood group's ALOFT Hotel and the Asiana Hotel.
Others: Ponnusamy Hotel, Thalappakattu, Top City, Lakshmi Iyengar Bakery and Ramakrishna Bakery,krishnaraj sweets
Banks: Indian Bank, State Bank of India (SBI), HDFC, ICICI, AXIS Bank, Karur Vysya Bank (KVB), Tamil Nadu Mercantile Bank (TMB), Federal Bank and South India Bank,dhanalakshmi bank
- S. V. Ganesa Nayak Kalyana Mandapam
- S. V. Egambara Nayak Kalyana Mandapam
- K. V. L. Kalyana Mandapam
- Sholinganallur Town Hall
- Kailash Open Hall
- Karapakkam Aravind Theaters
- OMR AGS - Navalur
Colleges: Important colleges in Sholinganallur include St Joseph's Institute of Technology(A Unit of St Joseph's college of engineering) KCG College of Technology(A Unit of Hindustan Group of Institutions), Jeppiaar Engineering College, Sathyabama University, St. Mary's School of Management Studies, Jeppiaar SRR engineering college, St. Joseph's College of Engineering, Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Thangavelu Engineering college,Shree Motilal Kanhaiyalal Fomra Institute of Technology (13 km from Sholinganallur), Ragas Dental college, Mohamed Sathak College of Arts and Science , Anand Institute of Technology (8 km from Sholinganallur), NTTF Information Technology Centre, Nr MTL Sholinganallur, Head Office Telichery Kannur.
National maritime University,the first in India is currently being built in Sholinganallur. The university complex will also house an Aquarium, National Maritime Museum, Food Courts, Hotel and a residential complex. The Ministry of Shipping is seeking public private partnership to build a five star hotel in the complex.
Schools: Some popular schools here are Government Higher Secondary School, Sacred Heart Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Gateway School, Ellen sharma Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Sree Iyyapa Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Bala Vidya Mandir, Amelio Early Learning Center, Babaji Vidhyashram School
Sholinganallur Prathyangira Devi Temple The town is well renowned for this temple, Shri Maha Prathyangira Devi Temple where the Goddess throned gigantic and powerful. Many devotees from various parts of the country regularly visit here. The temple is located close to the junction and halfway down the link road of ECR and OMR.
Sri Subramanya Swamy Temple
Sholinganallur Srinivasa Varadharaja Swami Temple : Includes Lord Shiva & Lord Vishnu individual presence.
Sholinganallur Ponni-amman Kovil: A temple to powerful god Ponni-amman.
Sholinganallur Vigneshwarayar Temple: A temple of God Vinayaga. As it surrounded by the people with the locality named as Vigneshwaraya nagar. Maintained by Vigneshwaraya Nagar Association.
- Sholinganallur Durgai Amman Temple
- Sholinganallur Selli-Amman Temple
- Sholinganallur Pazhandi-Amman Kovil
- Sholinganallur Naga-Amman Temple
- ISKON Temple in ECR
- Selva Vinayagar Temple in Akkarai
- Raja Ganapathi in Uthandi(Near Uthandi TollPlaza)
Churches: There are eight prominent churches in the area, namely - Holy Spirit's Miracle Prayer Assembly Church (HMPA), Living Spring English Church (Assemblies of God), Fountain of Life Assemblies of God Church (AG Church), Evangelical Church of India (ECI), Church of South India (CSI), Advent Church, Infant Jesus Roman Catholic church, ECR Rajiv Gandhi Nagar Pethasta Church and Bethel Prayer House Church.
- Masjid-e-Noor ( Behind Punjab National Bank )
- Masjidur Rahman ( Near Elcot Sez )
- Sathak Masjid ( Inside Mohamed Sathak College Campus )
Near Sholinganallur Main Signal.RTO code: (TN-14).
- "Tamil Nadu News : Sholinganallur biggest constituency in terms of voters". The Hindu. 2011-03-04. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "PayPal employees' initiative to support Chennai Corporation". Chennai. The Hindu. 25 November 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-25.
- "Wipro IT Business | IT Services, Consulting, System Integration, Outsourcing". Wipro.com. 2011-12-31. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- Infosys Limited. "Contact". Infosys. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
-  Archived December 11, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Trident Solutions : : Contact Us". Tridentnets.com. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- India. "Aloft Chennai Hotels: Aloft Chennai, OMR - IT Expressway - Hotel Rooms at alofthotels". Starwoodhotels.com. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- "5 Star Luxury Hotel Chennai | Hotels on OMR, Chennai | Business Hotels Chennai | Luxury Thai Spa, Thai Restaurant | Asiana Hotel, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Chennai, India". Asianahotels.com. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
-  Archived July 17, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Babaji Vidhyashram School". www.babajividhyashram.org. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "Sri Subramanya Swamy Temple - Wikimapia". wikimapia.org. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- http://www.megabites.co.in - Multicuisine Rooftop Restaurant
- http://www.dreaminn.in - Serviced Apartments Old Mahabalipuram Road Near Infosys
- http://www.thesouthchennai.com - latest Tamil news about sholinganallur,
- Sholinganallur Sri Maha Prathyangira Devi Kovil(Temple) Official Site
- SIPCOT IT Park map
- http://www.livingspring.co.in/ - Living Spring English Church, Sholinganallur.
- http://www.sacredheartsholinganallur.com/ -Sacred Heart Matriculation Higher Secondary School,sholinganallur
- Panoramic view
- http://www.thesouthchennai.com The South Chennai Latest Updated News About Sholinganallur In Tamil
- http://vegvillage.in/index.php vegetables home delivery service for sholinganallur