This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
23 October 1981
Shū Kunimitsu (邦光 洙)
|Agent||Run Entertainment (2014–present)|
|Spouse(s)||Im Hyo-sung (m. 2010)|
|Revised Romanization||Yu Su-yeong|
Yoo Soo-young (born 23 October 1981), known professionally as Shoo, is a South Korean actress and singer. Shoo debuted as a member of South Korean girl group S.E.S. in 1997 and continued until 2003 when the group disbanded. She contributed songs as a solo artist after the group disbandment before she going hiatus from her music career and pursue acting career. She returned her music career with releasing one albums in 2010, after that she taking four years hiatus before transitioned into acting in 2014.
Yoo Soo-young or Shū Kunimitsu was born on October 23, 1981 in Yokohama, Japan. Her father is Korean and her mother is Japanese. She was initially part of a mixed-gender project group with Son Ho-young and Danny Ahn of g.o.d and Kim Hwan-sung of NRG but she decided to join S.M. Entertainment after successfully auditioning for the company.
Shoo made her debut with S.E.S. in 1997. The group debuted with the album and single "I'm Your Girl" on November 1, 1997. The group since went on to become the top-selling K-pop girl group for their generation of artists. Since their debut, the group has released five Korean albums and two Japanese albums. The group officially parted ways in 2002, due to the expiry of their contracts with SM Entertainment. Members Bada and Eugene left SM Entertainment after the expiry of their initial contracts, while Shoo stayed with SM Entertainment until 2006.
2003–2006: Solo Career
Shoo remained signed under SM Entertainment until 2006. In the time during which she was signed, Shoo participated on SMTown albums in 2003 and 2004. In 2006, Shoo departed from SM Entertainment and signed onto JIIN Entertainment. In 2005, she began her stage musical career in the Korean adaptation of Bat Boy: The Musical, which sold over 110,000 tickets in Korea and Japan. In December 2006, she stated that she would pursue acting and would be putting her singing career on hiatus.
2010–2015: Solo debut and other activities
In March 2014, Shoo signed with RUN Entertainment and returned to her career as an actress.
In December 2014, Shoo along with her bandmates Bada made a special comeback on Infinity Challenge, in the episode "Saturday for Singers", and performed two songs ("I'm Your Girl" and "I Love You") with Girls' Generation member Seohyun, who was filling in for Eugene due to her pregnancy, but they stated that she wished they could have performed together. In January 2015, she appeared on the show Roommate with her twin daughters, Im Rayool, Im Rahee and her husband, Hyosung.
2016–2017: S.E.S. reunited
On May 28, Shoo with S.E.S. member Bada and Eugene attended a charity event, Green Heart Bazaar. In October 2016, Shoo along with Bada and Eugene re-formed S.E.S. to celebrate their 20th anniversary since the debut of the group. They started their project of the 20th anniversary debut with released digital single "Love[Story]", a remake of their 1999 single "Love", through S.M. Entertainment's digital project SM Station on November 28 and its music video released on December 29.
In early December 2016, they aired their ten episode reality show "Remember, I'm Your S.E.S.", which broadcast through mobile app Oksusu. To accompany their 20th anniversary debut, they held a concert "Remember, the Day", on December 30 and 31 at Sejong University's Daeyang Hall in Seoul.
On January 2, the special album of their 20th anniversary debut Remember was released. The album contains of double lead singles, "Remember" were digitally released on January 1 and "Paradise" were released along with the album on January 2.They held a fanmeet as their last project of 20th anniversary debut called "I Will Be There, Waiting For You" on March 1, 2017.
Shoo married basketball player, Im Hyo-sung on April 11, 2010 at the Seoul Renaissance Hotel. Shoo was pregnant at the time. In June 2010, the couple welcomed their first son, Im Yoo. In April 2013, Shoo gave birth to twin daughters, Im Ra-yool and Im Ra-hee.
- Devote One's Love (2010)
- jun2yng (March 27, 2014). "S.E.S Member Shoo Returns as an Actress". Soompi. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- "슈 "손호영-데니안과 혼성팀으로 데뷔할 뻔"". Korea Economic Daily (in Korean). October 26, 2009.
- "S.E.S Shoo, g.o.d. Son Ho Young and Danny Ahn were supposed to be in a group?". allkpop.com. October 26, 2009.
-  Archived November 14, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Yong-sung, Lee (2005-08-23). "HERALD INTERVIEW : Former S.E.S. member Shoo embarks on new career as an actress". Hancinema.net. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- "SES 슈 유수영, 가수활동 포기" [SES Shoo, giving up singing] (in Korean). Daum. 2006-12-07. Retrieved 2011-01-13. (via Wayback machine)
- "슈 '자기 밖에' 가수 컴백! S.E.S도 다시 뭉쳤다" [Shoo Comes Back as Singer with "Only You"! S.E.S. Also Back Together]. JoinsMSN/Newsen. 2010-01-06. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- fitzdarcy (December 31, 2014). "Eugene Wishes She Could Have Performed with S.E.S On "Infinity Challenge"". Soompi. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- ""데뷔 20주년, 완전체 컴백"…S.E.S, 재결합 선언". Dispatch (in Korean). October 3, 2016. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- ""원조 요정의 귀환"…S.E.S., 오늘(27일) 밤 'Love [story]' 공개". HEI (in Korean). November 28, 2016. Retrieved January 3, 2017.
- SMTOWN (2016-12-29), [STATION] S.E.S._Love [story]_Music Video, retrieved 2017-01-02
- "S.E.S., 데뷔 20주년 기념 프로젝트 'REMEMBER' 시동! 28일 0시 음원 발매". 서울경제 (in Korean). November 23, 2016. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- "[2017 가요②] S.E.S부터 악동뮤지션까지… 레전드vs루키website=Tenasia" (in Korean). December 30, 2016. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- "Remember - S.E.S. 20th Anniversary Special Album". www.melon.com. Retrieved 2017-01-02.