Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chancellor||Mr. Ramesh K Mehan|
|President||Mrs. Saroj Khosla|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. P.K. Khosla|
|Director||Mr. Vishal Anand|
Bajhol , Solan,
|Campus||Greenest, Cleanest, Student-friendly, Scenic|
Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, also known simply as Shoolini University, is a private university located near Kasauli in Solan district, Himachal Pradesh, India. It is located 33 km from Chandigarh and 27 km from Shimla.
Run under the aegis of Foundation of Life Sciences and Business Management, the university ranks among the Top 5 private universities of North India. Every year, the university is ranked by NIRF as among India’s top Universities. It is also accredited by NAAC with a B++ grade.
The university has received research projects from government bodies like DST, ICMR, DRDO, DAE, MNRE. They host Himachal’s first food testing laboratory by Government of India.
Shoolini University was established in 2009 with approval from the University Grants Commission of India.
Before Shoolini University, they set up SILB (Shoolini Institute of Lifesciences & Business Management).
Shoolini University has a research-driven model and they filed more than 100 patents in 2018.
They have courses in Biotechnology, Management Sciences, Liberal Arts, Engineering, Sciences, and Pharmaceutical Sciences for undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D programmes. They also have new-age courses such as Agriculture, Mass Communication & Journalism, Hotel Management, Yoga Sciences, Disaster Management and Law.
The university is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI). In 2016, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council accredited the university as B++ (top 15% in India).
|General – India|
|NIRF (Universities) (2018)||101–150|
|Pharmacy – India|
Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences was ranked in the 101–150 band among universities in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranking in 2018 and 30 in the pharmacy ranking.
Tieups and associations
The university is continuously looking to expand its activities with reputed international and national universities and organisations. Shoolini University has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with several universities. Some of them are:
- University of Arkansas, United States
- Seoul National University
- Chung Yuan Christian University
- University of LA Verne, USA
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Bukovinian State Medical University, Ukraine
- Sprott Shaw College, Canada
- Ulster University
- Lanzhou University, China
- University of Suwon, South Korea
- Gachon University, South Korea
- Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), South Korea
- Kabul University
- Consortium of Universities — 'One Belt, One Road'
Guru Series of Lecture
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Named after the Paramahansa Yogananda, the university has initiated a novel lecture series under the banner of 'Guru Series of Lectures'. Luminaries from various fields are called to the institution to address the students and faculty on topics of their interest. Some of the speakers who have visited under this lecture series include Nobel Laureate Robert Huber, India's first woman IPS Officer Kiran Bedi, Kamal Davar and World Food Prize winner Howarth Bouis.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 16 September 2016. Retrieved 9 September 2016.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Consolidated List Private Universities as+ on 14.01.2016" (PDF). Ugc.ac.in. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- India, Pharmacy Council of. "Approved Degree institutions u/s 12". Pci.nic.in. Archived from the original on 6 December 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2016.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Pharmacy)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "U of A Inks Agreement with Shoolini University". News.uark.edu. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Shoolini University inks MoU with Ukraine varsity". Hindustantimes.com. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Shoolini University inks MoU with Sprott College, Canada". news.webindia123.com. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 December 2017. Retrieved 10 September 2016.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- University, Ulster (12 December 2017). "Current partners". Ulster.ac.uk. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Himachal PLUS". Tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 19 December 2016.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)