Shoot to Thrill
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Shoot to Thrill"|
|Song by AC/DC from the album Back in Black|
|Released||25 July 1980|
|Writer(s)||Angus Young, Malcolm Young, Brian Johnson|
|Producer(s)||Robert John "Mutt" Lange|
|Back in Black track listing|
|"Shoot to Thrill (live)"|
|Single by AC/DC|
|B-side||"War Machine" (live)|
|Released||16 April 2011|
|Recorded||December 2009 in Buenos Aires|
|AC/DC singles chronology|
"Shoot to Thrill" is a song by Australian hard rock band AC/DC. It is the second track on the 1980 album Back in Black. This song is also the second track of AC/DC Live and AC/DC Live: 2 CD Collector's Edition, and is included on the Iron Man 2 soundtrack.
On 26 January 2010, a new music video for "Shoot to Thrill" was released with exclusive footage from the film Iron Man 2. The live concert footage used in the video was filmed in December 2009 at a concert in Buenos Aires, Argentina at the Estadio Monumental, from which the Live at River Plate DVD was filmed.
Several different live recordings of "Shoot to Thrill" have been released officially. One version, recorded from the Razors Edge World Tour, was released on the 1992 Live album. Another version, recorded from the 1991 Donington show, was released on the deluxe edition of the 2009 box set Backtracks. Another performance, recorded at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires in December 2009, was released as a limited edition 7" single (backed with a live performance of "War Machine" from the aforementioned show) for Record Store Day 2011, promoting the live DVD Live at River Plate, which was released in May 2011.
- Brian Johnson – vocals
- Angus Young – lead guitar
- Malcolm Young – rhythm guitar
- Cliff Williams – bass guitar
- Phil Rudd – drums
- Robert John "Mutt" Lange – producer
- Tony Platt – engineer
- Brad Samuelsohn – mixing
|US Billboard Top Tracks||60|
|US Billboard Hot Digital Songs||75|
Uses in media
This song has been used in several film and television programs including:
- Two commercials for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Promotion for the film xXx: State of the Union.
- TV promotion for the Will Ferrell movie Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.
- The song appeared in the film adaption of The Dukes of Hazzard
- In the intro of TV Argentine program, Caiga Quien Caiga
- It appears in the first Iron Man 2 trailer and during the opening scenes of the movie. It is later reprised in 2012's The Avengers as a signature theme for Iron Man, playing when he joins Captain America in the fight against Loki in Stuttgart, Germany. The latter film's soundtrack was originally set to contain a cover of the song performed by Canadian rock band Theory of a Deadman, but it was removed for unknown reasons.
- In the intro of the Brazilian version of the TV program, CQC, Custe o Que Custar
- The live version was one of the two AC/DC theme songs to World Wrestling Entertainment's 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania event. The other was "War Machine" from Black Ice.
- 2010 advertisement for the National Basketball League Australia on television channel One HD.
- The first trailer for the NFC North Battle 2010 videogame used the song with recorded audience in background.
- The instrumental version was used in the Top Gear trailer for series 16.
- The song's title has also been a popular use for many AC/DC tribute bands.
- The song was used in the second trailer for RED 2.
- The song is used in the intro to the Peter Schiff Radio show.
- Episode 4 of Team Four Star's Hellsing Ultimate Abridged .