|Industry||TV Parts, Electronics Parts, Consumer Electronics, Reverse Logistics|
|Headquarters||Burnsville, Minnesota, U.S.|
ShopJimmy.com is an e-commerce company that sells TV parts to businesses and consumers globally. The company started in 2007 and is located in Burnsville, Minnesota, United States. ShopJimmy.com's made the Inc. 500|5000 List in 2011-2015, Fobes' list of "America's Most Promising Companies" (#64) and several regional and industry-related recognitions.
Jimmy Vosika founded ShopJimmy.com out of his garage, selling reclaimed flatscreen TVs on eBay. After discovering the value of the parts inside those TVs, Jimmy quickly adapted the business to sell TV parts on eBay. He soon migrated the business to its own site, ShopJimmy.com, and created a TV teardown system to harvest TV parts more efficiently and reduce electronics waste (e-waste) by recycling almost 100% of each TV. In 2010, Jimmy nabbed Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year Award (Upper Midwest, Distribution).
In August 2012, ShopJimmy acquired Illinois-based competitor Discount TV Parts. Similarly, in January 2013, ShopJimmy acquired Minnesota-based Ness Electronics, a long-time distributor of DLP lamps, TV parts and components, and CE products.
ShopJimmy currently has an inventory of over 500,000 TV parts. ShopJimmy also sells refurbished TVs, universal TV stands, TV board components, and offers various TV board repair services. The company is also ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. ShopJimmy.com started a home improvement retail outlet, MN Home Outlet, in 2014. MN Home Outlet sells home appliances, lawn and garden, tools and building materials direct from a major home improvement retailer at up to 90% off retail.
- "ShopJimmy.com INC. 500 List". Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "#64 ShopJimmy". Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- St. Anthony, Neal. "Inside Track: Entrepreneur gives old TVs a spinoff role". Minneapolis/St. Paul Star Tribune. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- Bolsta, Phil. "2010 Entrepreneurs of the Year". Archived from the original on 2010-09-08. Retrieved August 2010. Check date values in:
- "ShopJimmy Achieves ISO 9001 and 14001 Certifications in US". Reverse Logistics Association. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
|This article about a commerce website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|