|Owned by||EVINE Live, Inc.|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Headquarters||Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States|
|Formerly called||ValueVision (1991-2000)
|Available in most markets||Check local listings for stations|
|DirecTV||Channel 316 & 73|
|Dish Network||Channel 134 & 228|
|Verizon FiOS||Channel 157|
|AT&T U-verse||Channel 1424 (HD)
Channel 424 (SD)
|Live Stream||Watch live|
|Digital media receiver||Roku|
Evine Live (stylized as EVINE Live) is an American cable, satellite and broadcast television network. The channel is headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The home shopping channel's main competitors are HSN (Home Shopping Network) and QVC.
ValueVision was originally founded in June of 1990 and began broadcasting in 1991.
ValueVision was rebranded as ShopNBC, taking on the use of the entertainment enterprise’s peacock and logo, in November 2000.
Due to economic uncertainty and NBCUniversal's upcoming possible merger with Comcast, reports surfaced that NBC would sell its stake in ValueVision; NBCUniversal formally announced that it would sell its stake back to ValueVision Media in May 2010, which would have forced a change in the channel's name, but the company decided to retain the stake in June 2010 for the time being.
In May 2013 with ValueVision acquiring NBCUniversal's financial stake in the company, ValueVision announced that the network would be renamed ShopHQ. "Mark Cuban's American Dream" in August 2014 then again in October was the first program designed by the new management under the Clinton Group plan to have more celebrity hosts.
On February 13, 2015, ShopHQ was rebranded as EVINE Live after the acquisition of an eCommerce product company owning a site called Evine.
- KVHD-LD 26.1 Los Angeles, California; owned by Venture Technologies Group, LLC
- WWDP 46.1 (HD) 46.2 (SD) Boston, Massachusetts; owned by Evine Live
- KFFV 44.1 Seattle, Washington; owned by OTA Broadcasting
EVINE Live Inc.
|Traded as||NASDAQ: EVLV|
|Industry||Catalog & mail order houses|
|Headquarters||Eden Prairie, MN, US|
Number of locations
|3 (HQ, warehouse, WWDP)|
|Mark Bozek (CEO)
Russell Nuce (CSO)
Number of employees
|Parent||The Clinton Group (control)|
|Footnotes / references
EVINE Live Inc. (EVLV) is a media company owning a television network, ShopHQ, and a TV station, WWDP.
The former Valuevision Media launched its network in 1991 as ValueVision, changing later to ShopNBC after a 2000 NBC 40% investment in VVM in June 2001. With the loss of ShopNBC affiliate WNEU, ValueVision bought WWDP in 2003 and affiliated it with ShopNBC. In May 2013, ValueVision announced that it had acquired NBCUniversal's financial stake in the company. In doing so, ValueVision renamed the channel as ShopHQ no later than February 1, 2014. Additionally, the company announced a May 4th quarter profit, the first quarterly profit in seven years.
- Mahoney, Kevin (May 23, 2013). "ValueVision Drops ShopNBC Name, Swings To A Profit". Twin Cities Business. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- "Valuevision vamping NBC brand". Broadcasting & Cable. February 23, 2001. Retrieved June 24, 2010.
- "ValueVision network becomes ShopNBC". Broadcasting & Cable. March 12, 2001. Retrieved June 24, 2010.
- NBC to Sell Stake in ShopNBC, MultiChannel News, May 20, 2010
- Brooks Suzukamo, Leslie (June 24, 2010). "NBC holding on to ValueVision stake, for now". St. Paul Pioneer Press. Retrieved June 25, 2010.
- Halter, Nick (October 6, 2014). "Mark Cuban's other TV show brings him back to Minnesota". Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal (American City Business Journals). Retrieved February 13, 2015.
- Kennedy, Patrick & Kumar, Kavita (November 18, 2015). "ValueVision to change name to EVINE Live". Star Tribune. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- "EVLV Profile". Yahoo! Finance. Yahoo. Retrieved February 13, 2015.
- "ValueVision to acquire Boston's WWDP television station". Boston Business Journal. 2003-01-13. Retrieved 2007-10-26.