||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||(BSE: 532638)|
|Govind S. Shrikhande
(CEO & MD)
|Products||Discount department store, hypermarket, supercenter, superstore|
|Revenue||₹19.30 billion (US$290 million)
Number of employees
Shoppers Stop is an Indian retailing company promoted by the K Raheja Corp Group, started in the year 1991 with its first store in Andheri, Mumbai. Shoppers Stop Ltd has been awarded "the Hall of Fame" and won "the Emerging Market Retailer of the Year Award", by World Retail Congress at Barcelona, on April 10, 2008. Shoppers Stop is listed on the [[Bombay Stock Exchange|BSE] and National Stock Exchange- NSE]. As of 2013, Shoppers Stop has 73 stores in India.
Shoppers Stop began by operating a chain of department stores under the name “Shoppers’ Stop” in India. Shoppers Stop has 83 stores across 38 cities in India.
Specifically, Shoppers Stop stores retails clothing, accessories, handbags, shoes, jewelry, fragrances, cosmetics, health and beauty products, home furnishing and decor products.
Shoppers Stop launched its e-store with delivery across major cities in India in 2008. The website retails all the products available at Shoppers Stop stores, including apparel, cosmetics and accessories. Shoppers Stop opened stores in Amritsar, Bhopal and Aurangabad.
In April 2008, Shoppers Stop changed its logo and adopted the mantra "Start Something New".
Shoppers Stop’s has a loyalty program called First Citizen. They also offer a co-branded credit card with Citibank called the First Citizen Citibank Titanium Credit Card for their members.
Shoppers Stop's sister stores are
Crossword Bookstores is the largest chain of bookstores in India with 83 branches. Shoppers Stop acquired 100 per cent stake in bookstore chain Crossword. Crossword is positioned as a lifestyle bookstore with their spacious, well laid out stores which encourages customers ease in browsing through the merchandise of books, music, stationary and toys.
HomeStop is premium home furnishings home concept store, which offers products in home decor, furniture and accessories, bath accessories, bedroom furnishings, mattresses, draperies, carpets, modular kitchens, body spa, aromatic products and health equipment.
Desi Café and their operations have been taken over by Café Coffee Day (CCD), the retail division of Amalgamated Bean Coffee Trading (ABCTL), has signed an MoU with Shoppers Stop to run its Desi Café outlets.
HyperCity offers a contemporary range of products, sourced from both local and international markets. The product range covers: Foods and Grocery, Homeware, Home Entertainment, Hi-Tech, Appliances, Furniture, Sports, Toys & Fashion.
M.A.C. and Shopper’s Stop Ltd. entered into a non exclusive retail agreement with cosmetics major Estee Lauder to open up M.A.C. Cosmetics stores in India. M.A.C. Makeup-Art Cosmetics - the professional brand of choice, is the first brand under the Estee lauder Group of Companies portfolio to enter the Indian retail market. Currently there are 20 M.A.C. stores operating
Arcelia is a new retail concept aiming at the growing accessories and cosmetics segment, and primarily caters to women shoppers. It retails cosmetics, fragrances, fine jewelry, footwear, handbags.
MotherCare and Shoppers Stop stocks a variety of products for mother and babies, toddlers and children till eight years of age. The UK-based maternity and kidswear brand has nine standalone and 13 shop-in-shop formats.
Nuance Group with Shoppers Stop makes an entry into airport retailing. The alliance is marked with a joint venture with The Nuance Group AG of Switzerland, the world’s leading airport retailer. Shopper's Stop Ltd. is handling the retail operations at the duty-free zones in international terminals. The joint venture company, called Nuance Group (India) Private Limited. is operating outlets at the International airports at Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
HyperCity-Argos and Shoppers Stop, the two retail ventures of K Raheja group had signed a memorandum of understanding with UK’s leading retail chain Home Retail group to develop the Argos (retailer) retail format stores in India. Two years later, Shoppers Stop Ltd has informed Bombay Stock Exchange shall wind down and discontinue its catalogue retail operations under the Hypercity-Argos brand.
Shoppers Stop forayed into the Entertainment sector by acquiring 45% stake in Timezone Entertainment Private Limited which is in the business of setting up and operating Family Entertainment Centres (FECs). It has more than 20 outlets across Indian cities like Ahmedabad, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Baroda, Raipur, and Goa.
-  BSE.
- "Shoppers Stop plans Rs 1,000 cr turnover by 2004". Financial Express. 2001-05-20.
- "World Retail Awards 2008 Winners". World Retail Congress. 2008-04-10.
- "Corporate Information - Shoppers Stop". Bombay Stock Exchange. scrip: 532638.
- "Shoppers Stop to enter smaller cities". Times of India. 2010-08-11.
- "Shoppers Stop - Android Apps on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- www.ETtech.com. "Shoppers Stop to spend Rs 60 Cr on omni-channel strategy in next three years | ETtech". ETtech.com. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "Shoppers Stop Launches Gift Cards - Powered by QwikCilver Solutions" Businesswireindia.com, 22 May 2012.
- "Shoppers' Stop to complete Crossword acquisition by June". The Hindu Business Line. 2005-07-30.
- "CCD to manage Shoppers Stop’s BRIO, Desi Cafe" The Economic Times, 06 February 2019.
- http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/retail-rush/shoppers-stop-hypercity-sign-mou-with-uks-home-retail/articleshow/1751320.cms "Shoppers' Stop, HyperCITY sign MoU with UK's Home Retail "] The Economic Times, 24 February 2007.
- "Shopper's Stop opens new unit in New Delhi". myiris. 2009-06-16.
- "Shoppers Stop plans 12 new stores over 3 years". Business Standard. 2009-05-05.
- "Shoppers Stop inks deal with UK-based Mothercare". Business Standard. 2005-10-13.
- "Shoppers Stop to double number of Mothercare outlets". Hindu Business Line. 2009-07-31.
- "Nuance Group, Shoppers' Stop to enter airport retail market". The Hindu Business Line. 2006-06-09.
- "Shoppers' Stop, HyperCITY sign MoU with UK's Home Retail". Economic Times. 2007-02-24.
- "Hypercity Argos to discontinue catalogue retail operations". Hindu Business Line. 2009-01-29.