|Studio album by|
|Genre||Psychedelic pop, bubblegum pop|
|The Partridge Family chronology|
Shopping Bag is the fifth album by The Partridge Family released in March 1972. It reached #18 on the Billboard album charts in the US and spent a total 17 weeks on the chart and was certified Gold. The vinyl release of the album contained a novelty plastic shopping bag. It is available on CD and iTunes.
As with most Partridge Family albums, several well-known songwriters contributed songs to the album. Perhaps the most famous were Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart, who gave the album the track "Girl, You Make My Day." Tony Romeo, another prolific songwriter, contributed several tracks to the album.
"It's One of Those Nights (Yes Love)" was released as a US single, peaking at #20 on Billboard's Hot 100. It spent 8 weeks on the charts. "Am I Losing You" was a second US single release, peaking at #59 on Billboard's Hot 100 and staying on the charts for 7 weeks.
Partridge Family lead vocalist David Cassidy wrote "There'll Come a Time" for the album, which would be his third songwriting effort to appear on a Partridge Family album. It would also be his last, as Cassidy's later songwriting efforts would all be released on his solo albums.
All tracks from the album were featured on the TV show, mainly in Seasons 2 and 3
- "Girl, You Make My Day" (Tommy Boyce, Bobby Hart)
- "Every Little Bit o' You" (Irwin Levine, L. Russell Brown)
- "Something New Got Old" (Wes Farrell, Bobby Hart)
- "Am I Losing You" (Irwin Levine, L. Russell Brown)
- "Last Night" (Wes Farrell, Tony Romeo)
- "It's All in Your Mind" (Johnny Cymbal, Peggy Clinger)
- "Hello, Hello" (Wes Farrell, Tony Romeo)
- "There'll Come a Time" (David Cassidy)
- "If You Ever Go" (Wes Farrell, Tony Romeo)
- "Every Song Is You" (Terry Cashman, Tommy West)
- "It's One of Those Nights (Yes Love)" (Tony Romeo)
- David Cassidy, Shirley Jones - vocals
- Dennis Budimir, Larry Carlton, Louie Shelton, Tommy Tedesco - guitar
- Max Bennett - bass
- Mike Melvoin - keyboards
- Hal Blaine - drums
- Jackie Ward, John Bahler, Ron Hicklin, Tom Bahler - background vocals
|UK Albums (OCC)||28|
|US Billboard 200||18|