Shoprite (Isle of Man)
Shoprite logo since 2008.
Little Switzerland, Douglas,|
Isle of Man
Number of locations
|Isle of Man|
(Chief Executive Officer)
|Products||Groceries, consumer goods|
|Owner||Nicholson Investments Ltd.|
Number of employees
Shoprite (Isle of Man) Limited (trading as Shoprite) is a community food store chain in the Isle of Man. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Isle of Man Enterprises plc (formerly Shoprite Group plc).
Shoprite currently owns 12 supermarkets in the major communities on the Isle of Man. These stores are branded Shoprite and Little Shoprite. The Shoprite stores are located in Douglas, Peel, Ramsey, Port Erin, Onchan and Castletown. The Little Shoprite stores are in Castletown, Port Erin, Peel and Ramsey. There is also a Wine warehouse trading as Winerite Extra.
Shoprite Douglas was the first store in the Isle of Man to install a bar-code scanning system at their tills and the Shoprite group was the first supermarket chain in the British Isles to install bar-code scanning systems in all their stores in the early 1980s.
It has long standing trading relationships with major FMCG brands such as Waitrose (UK supermarket chain), Iceland (UK discount supermarket chain), Subway (US owned fast food franchise, currently the largest in the world), Cook (UK frozen ready meal supplier), Peacocks (UK "value" fashion retailer), and Lloyds Pharmacy (UK pharmacy chain).
Through its 20 year partnership with Waitrose, It has recently introduced Home from Waitose into both of its Douglas store along with a Waitrose Mini Baby and Child clothing range. 
For over 45 years the company has been a key supporter of local Manx businesses and a keen advocate of the local food and drink industry proud to support Manx food and drink businesses where possible.
The strapline is Proud to Serve Mann over 45 years.
- "Isle of Man Enterprises plc: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Businessweek.com.
- "- Google Finance Search". google.com.
- Isleofman Dot Com. "Douglas". manxshoprite.com.
- Waitrose Limited. "Company history". waitrose.com.
- "Iceland plans £100m dividend after 3-year gap". Financial Times.
- Julie Jargon (8 March 2011). "Subway Runs Past McDonald's Chain". WSJ.
- "COOK - Frozen Ready Meals, Delivered Meals, Prepared Meal Delivery - COOK". cookfood.net.
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd. "Lloyds Pharmacy - Online Pharmacy, Prescriptions, Chemists and Health". lloydspharmacy.com.
- "Shoprite Isle of Man". manxshoprite.com.