Shoprite (Isle of Man)
Shoprite logo since 2008.
|Headquarters||Little Switzerland, Douglas,
Isle of Man
Number of locations
|Isle of Man|
(Chief Executive Officer)
|Products||Groceries, consumer goods|
|£357,180 (as of 2011)|
|£39.1 million (as of 2011)|
|Owner||Nicholson Investments Ltd.|
Number of employees
Shoprite currently owns 12 supermarkets in the major towns of the Isle of Man. Three are located in Douglas, two in Peel, two in Ramsey, three in Port Erin, one in Onchan and one in Castletown. One of the Port Erin supermarkets is branded as Iceland and another as Shoprite Living. One of the Douglas stores trades as Winerite Extra.
The company slogan is "The Difference Every Day" and is the main supporter of the Isle of Man Food and Drink industry. It is the only supermarket in the Isle of Man that stocks food from Waitrose (UK supermarket chain), Iceland (UK discount supermarket chain), Subway (US owned fast food franchise, currently the largest in the world), Wilkinson (UK based high street discount store), Cook (UK frozen ready meal supplier), Peacocks (UK "value" fashion retailer), and Lloyds Pharmacy (UK pharmacy chain). Shoprite previously also had concessions from German company Tchibo prior to the withdrawal of Tchibo from the Isle of Man market parallel to its withdrawal from the UK market. Tchibo's lack of success in the British market was summarized in the Retail Week 14 February 2008 issue, in which Tchibo was described as "a glorified pound shop". In 2009 Tchibo closed its own stores and supermarket concessions across the UK.
- "IM/P: Stock Quote - Isle of Man Enterprises PLC". Bloomberg.
- "Isle of Man Enterprises plc: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Businessweek.com.
- "- Google Finance Search". google.com.
- "Shoprite store has a seven-figure revamp". iomtoday.co.im.
- Administrator. "Port Erin". manxshoprite.com.
- Isleofman Dot Com. "Douglas". manxshoprite.com.
- "Shoprite Isle of Man". manxshoprite.com.
- Waitrose Limited. "Company history". waitrose.com.
- "Iceland plans £100m dividend after 3-year gap". Financial Times.
- Julie Jargon (8 March 2011). "Subway Runs Past McDonald's Chain". WSJ.
- "COOK - Frozen Ready Meals, Delivered Meals, Prepared Meal Delivery - COOK". cookfood.net.
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd. "Lloyds Pharmacy - Online Pharmacy, Prescriptions, Chemists and Health". lloydspharmacy.com.
- "FE Investegate -Shoprite Group PLC Announcements - Shoprite Group PLC: Final Results". investegate.co.uk.
- "German coffee firm Tchibo scales down UK business". Reuters.