Shops at the Mart
The Shops at the Mart is a group of some 40 restaurants and shops located on the first two floors of the Merchandise Mart in Chicago, Illinois. Its retailers serve two markets: convenience retail and dining for local employees and residents, and Luxehome, a collection of luxury retailers of kitchen and bath furnishings that complements the Mart's historic role as a hub for the interior decorating trade.
It opened in September 1991 and was originally anchored by Carson Pirie Scott & Co. and The Limited. However, retailers struggled to draw customers away from established retail centers in the State Street and Magnificent Mile areas, and in September 2003 the core of the mall was rechristened as LuxeHome.
- Merchandise Mart (website)
- LuxeHome (website)
- Grant, Barri Leiner (10 March 2011). "A Guide to Shopping the Merchandise Mart". Chicago Magazine. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- Kerch, Steve (1 September 1991). "Shops at the Mart reflect creativity". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- Gray, Jacquelyn (22 November 1992). "Chicago shopping grows more varied Merchandise Mart develops a chic mall on 2 of its lower floors". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- Ziemba, Stanley (1990-10-08). "New Mart mall may buck weak economy". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- Davis, Jerry C.; Lisa Holton (29 November 1989). "Mart plans retail mall anchored by Carson's". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- Balu, Rekha (9 November 1996). "Mart's Mall Pall". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 19 March 2015.