Shorewood Forest, Indiana
|Shorewood Forest, Indiana|
Location of Shorewood Forest in Porter County, Indiana.
|• Total||2.2 sq mi (5.8 km2)|
|• Land||1.9 sq mi (4.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|Elevation||722 ft (220 m)|
|• Density||1,426/sq mi (550.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||2629889|
Shorewood Forest is a census-designated place (CDP) in Union Township, Porter County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community centers on Lake Louise, an artificial water body. The population of the CDP was 2,708 at the 2010 census.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 2.2 square miles (5.8 km2), of which 1.9 square miles (4.9 km2) is land and 0.35 square miles (0.9 km2), or 15.13%, is water, consisting of the impoundment known as Lake Louise. The lake is located on a tributary of Salt Creek, which is part of the Little Calumet River watershed.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Shorewood Forest, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Shorewood Forest CDP, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.