Shotaro Makisumi (Japanese: Makisumi Shōtarō; commonly known as "Macky", born March 21, 1990 in Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan), is best known for setting several world records for speedcubing, or quickly solving the Rubik's Cube.
Macky lived in Arcadia, California, and graduated in the class of 2008 from Polytechnic School in Pasadena, California. In 2012, he graduated from Princeton University, where he majored in mathematics. He is currently enrolled in a doctoral program at Stanford University. He has held seven world records with the World Cube Association.
Past Records held
- 2x2x2 Speedsolve: 4.13 seconds single; 6.29 seconds average of 5
- 3x3x3 Speedsolve: 12.11 seconds single; 14.52 seconds average of 5
- 3x3x3 Blindfolded: 2 minutes 18.52 seconds
- 3x3x3 One-handed: 23.76 seconds single; 27.56 seconds average of 3
- 4x4x4 Speedsolve: 1:14.55 seconds single; 1:16.39 seconds average of 3