"Shoulder Lean" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Young Dro, released July 4, 2006 as his debut single and the lead single from his debut studio album Best Thang Smokin'. The song features Dro's fellow American rapper and Grand Hustle label-boss T.I. on the hook. The production was handled by Grand Hustle in-house producer Cordale "Lil' C" Quinn. The song was a massive hit in the United States, reaching the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 and at number one on the Hot R&B/Hip Hop Songs chart. This was Young Dro's first and only Top 10 single and T.I.'s fourth Top 10 single. The song received heavy airplay and was certified 2x Platinum by RIAA.
A freestyle over the song's production, entitled "Live from the 504" by Lil Wayne, is featured on his mixtape Da Drought 3 (2007).
The music video for "Shoulder Lean", directed by President Thomas Forbes, makes references to the respective video of the Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg song "Nuthin But A "G" Thang". The video includes cameo appearances from DJ Drama, DJ Khaled, Slim Thug, Big Gipp of Goodie Mob and Parlae of Dem Franchize Boyz.
Radio and release history
- ^ "Young Dro Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- ^ "Young Dro Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- ^ "Young Dro > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- ^ "Young Dro Chart History (Hot Rap Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- ^ "American single certifications – Young Dro – Shoulder Lean". Recording Industry Association of America. October 24, 2008. Retrieved June 12, 2013. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- ^ "FMQB: Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Arbitron Ratings, Music News and more!". FMQB. Friday Morning Quarterback Album Report, Inc. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- ^ "R&R: Going For Adds: Urban (Week Of: May 9, 2006)". Radio & Records. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- ^ "Shoulder Lean – Single by Young Dro". iTunes Store. Apple. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- ^ "R&R: Going For Adds: CHR/Top 40 (Week Of: September 5, 2006)". Radio & Records. Retrieved January 12, 2013.