|Launched||March 1, 1991 (France)|
March 1, 1992 (Turkey)
|Owned by||Ciner Media Group|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV) |
|Slogan||Smile To Life|
|Sister channel(s)||Show Max |
|Digiturk||Channel 22 (HD)|
|Ziggo (Netherlands)||Channel 770|
Show TV is a nationwide television channel in Turkey owned by Ciner Media Group (since 2013, acquired from Çukurova Media Group after Çukurova was forced to sell due to tax debts. The channel replaces ITU TV's now-defunct frequencies and it was originally established by the Turkish businessmen Erol Aksoy and Haldun Simavi although it were originally launched on March 1, 1991, when it commences its test transmissions. A year later, the channel moved its headquarters to Istanbul, Turkey, and were at the same time starting its official broadcasts. Show TV extended its range of viewers by adding more channels like Show Max and Show Turk to its group.
Show TV aired many world-known series for the first time in Turkey. Among them were S.W.A.T., The Master, The Rookies, Silk Stalkings, T. J. Hooker, Booker, Roseanne, The Wonder Years, Superboy, Tequila and Bonetti, Doogie Howser, M.D., The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Dream On, Generations, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Seinfeld, In the Heat of the Night, Friends, Beverly Hills, 90210, Power Rangers and Premiers Baisers.
The channel's personalities include Mustafa Ceceli, Begüm, Alişan, Asuman Krause, Ali Sunal, Jülide Ateş and Çağla Şıkel. The channel also aired successful Turkish television series like Kurtlar Vadisi, Doktorlar, Adını Feriha Koydum, and Muhteşem Yüzyıl.
Turkish television series
- Acı Hayat (Bitter Life) (2005-2007)
- Adını Feriha Koydum (Named her Feriha) (2011-2012)
- Asla Vazgeçmem (2015-2016)
- Aşk Laftan Anlamaz (2016-2017)
- Cennet Mahallesi (2004-2007)
- Çukur (2017-present)
- Dadı (The Nanny) (2000-2002)
- Deli Yürek (Crazy Heart) (1999-2001)
- Doktorlar (The Doctors) (2006-2011)
- Ezel (2009)
- İçerde (Inside) (2016-2017)
- Kurtlar Vadisi (Valley of the Wolves) (2003-2005)
- Kurtlar Vadisi Pusu (Valley of the Wolves Ambush) (2007-2009)
- Lale Devri (Tulip Age)
- Muhteşem Yüzyıl (The Magnificent Century) (2011)
- Sahte Prenses (Fake Princess) (2006)
- Tatlı Hayat (Sweet Life) (2001-2003)
- Var mısın? Yok musun? (the Turkish version of Deal or No Deal)
- Kim 500 Milyar İster? (the first Turkish version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?; 2000-2002)
- Kim 500 Bin İster? (the second Turkish version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?; 2005-2007)
- Pazar Sürprizi
- Şahane Show
- Yemekteyiz (the Turkish version of Come Dine with Me)
- Wipeout (Based On US game show Wipeout)
- Canlı Para (the Turkish version of The Million Pound Drop Live)
- Huysuz'la Dans Eder misin? (the Turkish version of So You Think You Can Dance)
- Yetenek Sizsiniz (the Turkish version of America's Got Talent)
- O Ses Turkiye (the Turkish version of The Voice)
- Bugün Ne Giysem?
- Hurriyet Daily News, 1 June 2013, Ciner group acquires seized broadcaster Show TV
- "Show TV Programs List" (in Turkish). 2015-12-15. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- "Kanuni Sultan Süleyman'ın hayatını anlatan dizi Muhteşem Yüzyıl devletle mahkemelik oluyor" [The state goes to court with Muhteşem Yüzyıl TV series that depicts the life of Suleiman the Magnificent]. NTV (Turkey) (in Turkish). Turkey. 2011-01-06. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
|This article about a television station in Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|