The Showbiz Capital of the Philippines
|Genre||Live Entertainment News Program|
|Created by||GMA Network|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Running time||2 hours|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Original release||April 29, 2007– July 29, 2012|
Showbiz Central is a Philippine show business-oriented talk show which airs every Sunday on GMA Network with a simulcast over Super Radyo DZBB 594 kHz. The show preceded S-Files, a former showbiz talk show that completed a successful eight-year run. The program made its debut on April 29, 2007.
News that the show was rumored to be axed on the air circulated in late June 2012. More so, GMA released an on-air plug on June 29, 2012 stating that a new program is to be shown on GMA, something more than the usual entertainment buzz. Although such plug was aired, the management of GMA has neither confirmed nor denied the axing of the show on-air. The reasons as to why the show might come to an end is Pia Guanio, one of its hosts, is going to give birth soon and Jennylyn Mercado, another guest host turned regular host, is going to be busy with her show, Hindi Ka Na Mag-iisa.
After much rumors, one of the show's main host, John Lapus, confirmed in an interview with PEP.ph that the show will indeed be axed off the air and he will not be a host in the show set to replace, starring Regine Velasquez-Alcasid, Roderick Paulate but the new show will retain two of Showbiz Central's hosts, Raymond Gutierrez and Jennylyn Mercado.
Pia Guanio left the show on July 1, 2012 for she is close to delivering her baby Scarlet. This was the last time Pia Guanio was and will be seen on Showbiz Central as when she returns from her pregnancy leave, the show will have been officially axed off the air and was replaced by H.O.T. TV.
Showbiz Central combines showbiz news with innovative and out-of-the-box live interview gimmicks. It serves as an avenue for controversial stars to confess, retaliate, and break exclusive statements. It gives many Filipinos a sneak peek at the most talked about upcoming television series and films. It also bridges the gap that separates the stars from their fans. It gives its viewers an idea of what celebrity life is like behind the camera.
- MRT:Most Requested Talent - Talent portion
- Don't Lie To Me! - Question & Answer portion via Lie Detector Test
- Sweet Fire
- Central Map
- Correct or Reject
- The Story of Your Life - Celebrity success stories
- The Killer Question: Seal it or Reveal it?
- Star Leveling
- Intriga Crossfire
- Be Scene - Press release
- Mo Twister (2008–2010; moved to TV5)
- Rufa Mae Quinto (2008–2012)
- Claudine Barretto (2010); guest host
- Carmina Villaroel (2010); guest host
- Pia Guanio (2007–2012)
Studios used by Showbiz Central
- Erece, Dinno (March 31, 2007). ""Showbiz Central" replaces "S-Files"". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved April 1. Check date values in:
- Aired April 15, 2012 on GMA Network
- Rufa Mae Quinto did not become a regular host until early 2008