Showtek at Static X Copenhagen 2010.
|Also known as||Dutch Masters, Headliner, Lowrider, Unibass, DJ Duro, Walt, Walt Janssen, Mr. Puta, Boys Will Be Boys, Alan Misael|
|Genres||Techno (2001-2003), Hardstyle (2003-2012), Big room house, Electro house, Progressive house, Future house (2012–present)|
|Occupation(s)||Producers, musicians, songwriters|
|Labels||Skink, Musical Freedom, Revealed Recordings, Dutch Master Works, OWSLA, Spinnin' Records|
|Associated acts||Tiesto, Hardwell, Sonny Wilson, David Guetta, Vassy, Ms Dynamite, Bassjackers|
Showtek is a Dutch electronic dance music act consisting of two brothers, Sjoerd Janssen and Wouter Janssen, who began producing music in 2001. The duo regularly manages to reach the top of multiple music charts and work with artists such as Tiësto, Chris Brown and David Guetta. Showtek is ranked 17th in the TOP 100 DJ 2014. The brothers also offers podcasts on the music streaming service iTunes (Skink Radio Show).
The brothers Wouter and Sjoerd Janssen began their musical career in electronic music, specifically in techno music in 2001 and subsequently moved to hardstyle in 2003. At that time, Wouter usually produced hard trance under the stage name of Walt, and Sjoerd hardstyle as Duro. They released their first album, Today Is Tomorrow in 2007 under their independent label Dutch Master Works. The album was well received in the Dutch music charts, reaching 68th place, and received a score of 95/100 on Partyflock. In 2009, their second album, Analogue Players in a Digital World, was unveiled at the Amsterdam Dance Event in the Netherlands and circulated by the Central Station Records. The album was well received by the press, which also allows them access to rewards.
In 2011, the group collaborated on the album Kiss From The Past by Allure, one of the musical projects of Dutch producer Tiësto. In 2012, they collaborated with Tiësto again on the singles "Miami / Chasing Summers" included in the album Club Life: Volume Two Miami, and on a single titled "Hell Yeah!". They are also related to music "Nobody's Perfect" by Chris Brown. In 2012, the Showtek brothers began a series of collaborations, a project called Crazy Collabs, with producers from some of the other genres in dance music. Before the official announcement of their collaboration, they co-produced an EP with Tiësto and Angger Dimas entitled "We Rock" as Boys Will Be Boys. They have also worked with Tiësto, Hardwell, Justin Prime, Bassjackers, Ookay, MAKJ, and Noisecontrollers. Showtek also co-produced the upcoming single of Chris Brown entitled Nobody's Perfect with Lukas Hilbert and David Jost. Showtek has their own podcast, which is available through their website and iTunes.
In December 2013, the duo recently founded their own label "Skink", which is licensed to Spinnin Records but isn't a sub-label. The song "We Like To Party" by Showtek was the first title to be released under the new label.
On June 9, 2014, a rumor about a new album returning them to their hardstyle roots was created by a rave news publisher. Showtek announced on their official Facebook page that the album was not in production, and emphasized the duo would not be returning to hardstyle production.
- Today Is Tomorrow (2007)
- Analogue Players in a Digital World (2009)
- ^[A] "Get Loose" did not chart on the Ultratop's Belgian Flanders Single's Chart, but it did chart at number 79 on the Ultratip chart, the top-100 songs which haven't made the Ultratop 50.
- James Pearce. "Artist Biography". Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Showtek". NRJ 12. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Top 40-artiest: Showtek". top40.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Showtek Australian Tour 2012". Spotlight Report. Spotlight Report. March 14, 2012. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Showtek - Today Is Tomorrow". acharts. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- San Marino (April 21, 2007). "Showtek - Today Is Tomorrow". Partyflock (in Dutch). Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Showtek - Analogue Players In A Digital World". Partyflock. December 17, 2009. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Showtek - Analogue Players In Digital World". hardstyle-industry. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Exclusive Interview With Showtek". Clubbing9ine.com.
- Reiko (May 14, 2011). "Allure - Kiss From The Past". be-dance.be. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "Tiësto - Club Life Volume Two - Miami (File)". Discogs. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "Chris Brown – Nobody’s Perfect (Co-Production by Showtek)". Digi10ve. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "News - Showtek". showtek.nl. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- Sarah Polonsky (August 1, 2012). "howtek Reveals Next Crazy Collab Exclusively to VIBE". VIBE Magazine. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Showtek presents: 'Crazy Collabs'". djguide.nl. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "Showtek announce the launch of their record label Skink". 2dutch.
- "David Guetta featuring Showtek and Vassy - Bad". acharts. Retrieved August 7, 2014.