Shpilman International Prize for Excellence in Photography
|Shpilman International Prize for Excellence in Photography|
|Awarded for||Outstanding contributions for field of photography as contemporary art.|
|No. of laureates||5 Prizes to 5 Laureates as of 2016[update]|
The Shpilman International Prize for Excellence in Photography is an international bi-yearly photography prize awarded by Israel Museum in Jerusalem.
The Shpilman International Prize for Excellence in Photography was created by Shalom Shpilman in 2010 and was awarded once a year. After the Shpilman Institute of Photography was closed in 2013, the Shpilman family endowed the Israel Museum in Jerusalem to award the prize every two years. The goal of the prize is to award individuals who work in photography. The prize money is 45000 USD. The decision is made based on review by an international jury of five jurors, appointed by Israel Museum. Candidates are nominated by art professionals, working with Israel Museum.
|year||winner||theme||honorable mentions||jury members|
|2010||Michal Heiman ||Contribution of art to psychoanalysis, and vice versa.||Nissan N. Perez, Peter Galassi, Shlomo Lee Abrahmov (on behalf of Shpilman family), Marta Gili, Hanan Laskin|
|2011||Assaf Shaham |
|2012||John Jacob||Reliquum: That Which Remains||Adam Broomberg and Oliver Chanarin, Katia Mazzucco||Nissan N. Perez, Dana Arieli-Horowitz, Hanan Laskin, Bodo von Dewitz, Wilkes Tucker|
|2014||Lisa Oppenheim||Experimental photography deriving from original research in the social history of the medium||Monika Faber, Quentin Bajac, Ruth E. Iskin, Galit Eilat, Noam Gal|
|2016||Servet Koçyiğit||Localities||Marion Belanger, Richard Moss, David Adika, Alec Soth||Virginia Heckert, Sebastian Cichocki, Gal Ventura, Noam Gal|
- "Major collection of contemporary Israeli photography acquired by the Israel Museum". Art Daily.
- Ignacio Villarreal. "Israel Museum Awards Michal Heiman First Shpilman International Prize". artdaily.com.
- Hadas Reshef. "A Photographer With Politics in the Frame". haaretz.com.
- "Shpilman International Prize for Excellence in Photography, 2014". Imj.org.il. Retrieved 2015-05-20.
- Henri Neuendorf (19 December 2014). "Lisa Oppenheim Wins 2014 Shpilman Prize - artnet News". artnet News.