Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing|
PAL region PS2 cover art
|Platform(s)||Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, GameCube, PlayStation 2, PSP|
Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing is a racing game released in November 2006. The game is based on the Shrek movie series. Players have the option of playing one of twelve Shrek characters, using racing and combat skills to defeat other racers. It was released for the Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS, and Game Boy Advance systems.
Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing is a kart racing video game. The players first must pick from a line up of twelve different characters from the Shrek universe. The maximum number of racers on a track at any one time is six. Each of the characters have special stats that are not displayed in the game. Any other non player racers will be controlled by the computer and chosen at random.
Then, the player has the option to pick the track or cup tournament they want to play on. Once the track is chosen, then the race will begin. The objective of the races is to win in first place. On the tracks are item barrels that contains items inside of them. The items are used as an advantage to help the racer out.
The tracks are also filled with obstacles and shortcuts that can either help or harm the racers. On the track, characters also have a special item that can be used to attack other karts or obstacles. If another racer is hit by a special item then they will spin out. The characters also can jump to avoid obstacles or reach other parts of the track. The racer that wins first place in either tournament mode or a regular race then gets to the trophy.
Upon release, the PS2 and GameCube versions received “average” reviews, while the GBA version received mixed reviews and the DS version received negative reviews. GameRankings gave it a score of 59% for the GameCube version; 51.4% for the PlayStation 2 version; 50% for the Game Boy Advance version; and 43% for the DS version. A grade school poll was taken when students had a chance to play the game. Many reviews detail how the game was "Very fun"
- "Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing for GameCube". GameRankings. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "DreamWorks Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing for PlayStation 2". GameRankings. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing for Game Boy Advance". GameRankings. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "DreamWorks Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing for DS". GameRankings. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Bozon, Mark (December 15, 2006). "Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing Review (PS2)". IGN. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Bozon, Mark (March 15, 2007). "Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing Review (GCN)". IGN. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- DeVries, Jack (December 14, 2006). "Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing Review (GBA)". IGN. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- DeVries, Jack (April 4, 2007). "Shrek Smash N' Crash Racing Review (NDS)". IGN. Retrieved July 20, 2014.