Shri Guru Ravidass Janam Asthan
|Shri Guru Ravidass Janam Asthan
श्री गुरु रविदास जनम स्थान
ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਜਨਮ ਅਸਥਾਨ
|Location||Seer Goverdhanpur, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India.|
|Architectural style||Sikh architecture|
|Completed||foundation stone was laid on 14 June 1965, current structure was completed in 1994|
Shri Guru Ravidass Janam Asthan Mandir, Seer Goverdhanpur, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India is the ultimate place of pilgrimage or religious headquarters for followers of the Ravidasi religion from communities like Ad-Dharmis, Ramdasia Sikhs, Chamars, Jatavs, and Mochis. It has become a cherished dream of devotees of Guru Ravidass from the world over to pay their obeisance at Shri Guru Ravidass Janam Asthan Mandir at Seer Goverdhanpur (Varanasi) at least once in their life.
The foundation stone of this Mandir was laid on Monday 14 June 1965 on Ashad Sankranti day by Sant Hari Dass, along with a large number of devotees of Dera Ballan, specially deputed by Sant Sarwan Dass for the purpose. Devotees traced the birthplace of Guru Ravidass and temple was built. It is believed that Guru Ravidass used to live and do bhakti at this place. The construction of the temple was completed in 1994. Saheb Kanshi Ram, the BSP supremo, performed the ceremonial installation of the golden dome atop the temple.
It is the birthplace of Guru Ravidass. It was this city where two great saints of Bhakti Movement i.e. Satguru Kabir and Satguru Ravidass were born. The Janam Asthan Mandir of Guru Ji at Seer Goverdhanpur, Varanasi has now acquired the status of Begampura (serenity) for Guru Ji’s followers and has become an Ultimate Place of Pilgrimage for them. Every year during birth anniversary of Guru Ravidass, the Mandir attracts millions of devotees from India and abroad. Shri Guru Ravidass Janam Asthan is nearly 13 minutes drive from Sant Guru Ravidas Ghat, Varanasi.
Shri Guru Ravidass Gate
K. R. Narayanan, the then-President of India, performed the opening ceremony of the huge monumental entry gate to the temple, Shri Guru Ravidass Gate on 16 July 1998. So, Shri Guru Ravidass Gate at Lanka Chauraha near BHU through Kanshi Ram Road leads to Shri Guru Ravidass Janam Asthan.
- "Huge congregation expected for Ravidas Jayanti celebrations". The Times of India. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "Ultimate Place of Pilgrimage :".
- Sports (13 February 2016). "According to party leaders, more than one lakh dalit Sikhs (also called Ramdasia Sikhs) from Punjab reach Ravidas Temple in Seer Govardhan area of Varanasi every year". The Indian Express. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "In view of Punjab Assembly polls, Ravidas Jayanti is significant as lakhs of Sikh followers (Ramdasia Sikhs) from across the country are likely to come to the city on this occasion". Zee News (in Latin). 13 February 2016. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "While Sant Ravidas was a revered guru of Jatav (Chamar) caste".
- "Seer Gowardhanpur gears up for Ravidas Jayanti". The Times of India. 14 February 2014. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "the foundation stone of Guru Ravidass Gate at Varanasi was laid by BSP founder Kanshi Ram on May 25, 1997".
- "Ravidas Ghat to Shri Guru Ravidass Janam Asthan Mandir". Ravidas Ghat to Shri Guru Ravidass Janam Asthan Mandir. 5 October 2015. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "Dera Sachkhand Ballan". The Times of India. 24 November 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "Varanasi pours out heart".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shri Guru Ravidass Janam Asthan.|