Shrieker (Dungeons & Dragons)
||This article describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. (February 2012)|
The shrieker first appeared in Dungeons & Dragons in The Strategic Review #3 (August 1975).
The shrieker appeared in third edition under the "fungus" entry in the Monster Manual (2000), and in the 3.5 revised Monster Manual (2003).
The shrieker resembles a large fungus. The shrieker shares a symbiotic relationship with the violet fungus in order to catch food. The shrieker emmits a high-pitched wail to lure prey, and when it comes, the violet fungi attack with their tentacles.
- Gygax, Gary (1977). Monster Manual. TSR.
- Allston, Aaron, Steven E. Schend, Jon Pickens, and Dori Watry. Dungeons & Dragons Rules Cyclopedia (TSR, 1991)
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- Williams, Skip; Tweet, Jonathan; Cook, Monte (2000). Monster Manual. Wizards of the Coast.
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|