|Directed by||Ravi Kumar|
|Screenplay by||Ravi Kumar|
|Produced by||Shankar Gowda|
|Edited by||Johny Lal|
|Music by||Ghantadi Krishna|
|8 July 2011|
Shrimathi is a 2011 Indian Kannada romance drama film directed by Ravi Kumar, and remake of 2004 Bollywood film Aitraaz, which in turn, is loosely based on the film Disclosure. The film stars Upendra, Priyanka Trivedi and Celina Jaitly in the lead roles, along with Prem Chopra, Sayaji Shinde and Rekha Das in the supporting roles. It is produced by Shankare Gowda and features the original soundtrack and film score by Ghantadi Krishna. The film was dubbed into Telugu under the title XYZ.
- Upendra as Rajakumar
- Priyanka Trivedi as Priya
- Celina Jaitly as Sonia Roy
- Prem Chopra as Roy
- Sayaji Shinde
- Rekha Das
- Rajesh Nataranga
|Soundtrack album by |
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Jhum Jhum Maiyella"||Badri, Shamita Malnad||5:39|
|2.||"Sanje Mussanje"||Chaitra H. G., Joel||3:52|
|3.||"Preethse Preethse"||Rajesh Krishnan, Nanditha||5:11|
|4.||"Luv Luv"||Hemanth, Sneha Ravindra||3:45|
|5.||"Viraha Noorutaraha"||Chaitra H. G.||4:21|
A critic from The Times of India scored the film at 3.5 out of 5 stars and says "Uppi has put up a brilliant show that keeps the story alive throughout. Hats off to Priyanka for her graceful performance. Celina Jaitley is simply superb. Prem Chopra is excellent. Rekha Das impresses. Cinematography by Jonylal and music by Rajesh Ramanath are brilliant". A critic from NDTV wrote "Johny Lal's camera work looks opulent on screen. The songs and sequences shot in Maldives are a treat to watch. Rajesh Ramanath scores well in the background score. The Viraha Viraha remix song should have been much better. Watch Srimathi for Priyanka Upendra's stunning performance". Shruti Indira Lakshminarayana from Rediff.com scored the film at 2 out of 5 stars and wrote "Celina is convincing as the scheming opportunist model. It is the leading ladies who will walk away with the honours in this film. Veteran actors Prem Chopra and Sayaji Shinde are wasted, and the dubbing only adds to their unimpressive characterisations. The songs are forgettable".
- "Bypassing copycats, Sandalwood style". Archived from the original on 29 March 2019. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- "Upendra-Celina's Shrimathi releasing on 8th July". July 2011. Archived from the original on 22 October 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- "SRIMATHI MOVIE REVIEW". The Times of India. 14 May 2016. Archived from the original on 21 September 2022. Retrieved 21 September 2022.
- "Review: Srimathi (Kannada)". NDTV. 9 July 2011. Archived from the original on 7 August 2023. Retrieved 21 September 2022.
- "Celina's skin show ups the ante for Shrimati". Rediff.com. 8 July 2011. Archived from the original on 7 July 2022. Retrieved 21 September 2022.
- "Upendra: Working with P Vasu was a thrilling experience". Archived from the original on 15 April 2012. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Review: SRIMATHI - Sandalwood News & Gossips". www.bharatstudent.com. Archived from the original on 14 July 2011.