Shrines to the Virgin Mary
This article contains embedded lists that may be poorly defined, unverified or indiscriminate. (July 2016)
|Part of a series on the|
of the Catholic Church
A shrine to the Virgin Mary (or Marian shrine) is a shrine marking an apparition or other miracle ascribed to the Blessed Virgin Mary, or a site on which is centered a historically strong Marian devotion. Such locales are often the destinations of pilgrimages.
- Our Lady of Luján, Luján, Buenos Aires Province
- Our Lady of the Rosary of San Nicolás, San Nicolás de los Arroyos
- Our Lady of Itatí, Itatí, Corrientes
- St Mary's Cathedral, Sydney
- Shrine of Our Lady of Yankalilla, South Australia
- Shrine of Our Lady of Mercy, Penrose Park, New South Wales
- Marian Valley, Shrine of Our Lady Help of Christians, Canungra, Queensland
- Basilika Maria Plain, Bergheim, Salzburg
- Maria Schmolln, Braunau am Inn District, Upper Austria
- Maria Taferl, Melk District, Lower Austria
- Mariatrost Basilica, Graz, Styria
- Mariazell Basilica, Mariazell, Styria
- Marienbasilika Absam, Absam, Tirol
- Our Lady of Banneux in Banneux, Liège Province
- Our Lady of Beauraing in Beauraing, Namur Province
- Holy Virgin in Halle, Flemish Brabant
- Our Lady of Lourdes in Oostakker, East Flanders
- Our Lady of Scherpenheuvel, Flemish Brabant
- Onze-Lieve-Vrouwebasiliek, Tongeren, Limburg
- Our Lady of Tongre, in Tongre-Notre-Dame, Hainaut Province
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Our Lady of Combermere in Ontario
- Queen of The Holy Rosary Shrine in Ajax, Ontario
- Our Lady of Czestochova Church in London, Ontario
- Our Lady of the Cape at Notre-Dame-du-Cap Basilica in Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Quebec
- Our Lady of the Rockies in Canmore, Alberta
- Our Lady of Sorrows Ukrainian Catholic Shrine at the Hill of Sorrows in Cudworth, Saskatchewan
- For a complete list, see footnote
- Our Lady of China in Donglu
- The Virgin of Sheshan, Help of Christians in Sheshan
- Our Lady of Bliss near Guiyang, China
- The Church of Our Lady of the Rosary in Longtian
- The Church of Our Lady of Lourdes in Qingyang
- Our Lady of Marija Bistrica in Marija Bistrica
- Our Lady of Trsat in Rijeka
- Our Lady of Sinj in Sinj
- Our Lady of Voćin in Voćin
- Our Lady of Aljmaš in Aljmaš
- Our Lady of Gorica in Baška, island of Krk
- Our Lady of Remete in Remete
- Our Lady of Kloštar in Slavonski Kobaš
- Our Lady of Molve in Molve
- Our Lady of Charity, El Cobre, near Santiago de Cuba,
- Our Lady of Regla, Regla, Havana
- Our Lady of Candle:
- Pilgrimage Basilica of the Visitation of Our Lady, Hejnice
- Basilica of the Visitation Statue of Our Lady (Frýdek), Frýdek-Místek
- Basilica of the Assumption of Our Lady - Black Madonna of Brno
- National Shrine of Our Lady of El Cisne (Nuestra Señora de el Cisne), in El Cisne, Loja, Ecuador.
- National Shrine of Our Lady of the Presentation of El Quinche, El Quinche, Pichincha Province
- Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Good Success, The Church of the Convent of the Immaculate Conception of Quito, Quito Canton, Pichincha.
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Chartres in Chartres
- Clermont-Ferrand Cathedral
- Notre Dame de La Salette in La Salette:
- Notre Dame de Bonne Délivrance in Neuilly:
- Notre Dame de Paris in Paris
- Basilica of Notre Dame des Victoires in Paris
- Our Lady of Lourdes and the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes, in Lourdes
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Strasbourg in Strasbourg
- Shrine of St. Mary, in Aachen Cathedral. This church, frequently referred to as the Kaiserdom ("Imperial Cathedral"), is a Roman Catholic church in Aachen.
- Chapel of Grace, in Altötting, Bavaria. The first miracles attributed to praying to the Virgin Mother at this shrine were reported to have taken place in 1489.
- Chapel of Grace in Kevelaer, North Rhine-Westphalia, site of an "Image of Grace" (Gnadenbild) of St.Mary since the Thirty Years' War.
- Our Lady of Europe at Europa Point, the southernmost point in Western Europe. A shrine to Mary has existed on the site since 1462.
- Our Lady of Tinos, Tinos Island, Greece's patron saint.
- Panagia Ekatontapiliani, an important shrine in the island of Paros.
- Panagia Tripiti, Town of Aigio, Peloponnese
- Autonomous Monastic State of the Holy Mountain, Mount Athos, Greece; the Mother of God is the only woman allowed.
- Panahrantos (Immaculate), monastery in Andros, Cyclades, Greece.
- Sumela New Monastery close to Veria, Greece, a monastery that was created in Northern Greece, in memory of the Sumela monastery, for Pontic Greeks that were expelled from the region of Trabzon in Turkey after the forced population exchange of the 1920s.
- The Basilica of the Virgin of the Rosary (Temple of Santo Domingo). Guatemala city.
- The Virgin of Carmel Sanctuary. Guatemala city.
- The Basilica of the Annunciation, in Nazareth.
- Stella Maris, Monastery, Mt Carmel, Haifa, Israel
- The Abbey of the Dormition, also known as Church of the Dormition of Our Lady on Mount Zion, in Jerusalem.
- The Church of the Tomb of the Virgin Mary in the garden of Gethsemane, in Jerusalem
- Chapel of the Milk Grotto of Virgin Mary in Bethlehem
- The Basilica of Our Lady of Suyapa (Spanish: Basílica de Nuestra Señora de Suyapa or Basílica de Suyapa) in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, is the largest church in Honduras. Dedicated to the Marian apparition of Our Lady of Suyapa, it receives approximately 1.2 million pilgrims each year on February 3, arriving from other parts of Honduras and the world.
- The Fatima Shrine in Rosaryhill School and Saint Albert's Priory (aka. Saint Albert the Great Priory)
- Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
- Graha Maria Annai Velangkanni, Medan
- Sendangsono, Central Java
- Kerep Marian Shrine, Ambarawa
- Sendang Sriningsih, Klaten
- Tritis Marian Grotto, Yogyakarta
- Lawangsih Marian Grotto, Yogyakarta
- Sendang Jatiningsih, Yogyakarta
- Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health, Vailankanni, Tamil Nadu
- Korattymuthy Our Lady with Poovan Bananas, St. Mary’s Forane Church , Koratty, Kerala
- Basilica of Harihar Our Lady of Good Health, Harihar, Karnataka
- Gunadala Matha Shrine (Our Lady of Lourdes), Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
- Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount, Bandra, Mumbai
- St. Mary's Basilica, Bangalore Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Annai Velankanni Shrine, Besant Nagar, Chennai
- Our Lady of Snows Basilica, Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu
- National Shrine Basilica of Our Lady of Ransom, Vallarpadam, Kerala
- Shrine Of Our Lady Of Health, Khairatabad Hyderabad
- Poondi Matha Bascillica, Poondi, Tamil Nadu
- Basilica of Our Lady of Snow (Manjumatha), Pallipport, Pallippuram, Ernakulam, Kerala
- St. Thomas Church, ThumpolyThumpolyAlappuzha Alleppey Kerala
- St. Mary's Global Marian Cathedral, Manarcaud
- St. Mary's Church Meenangadi
- Major Archiepiscopal Marth Mariam Archdeacon Pilgrim Church, Kuravilangad
- The Basilica of Our Lady, Queen of Ireland in Knock, Ireland
- Our Lady of Dublin at Whitefriars Street Carmelite Church, Dublin
- Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Rome, home of the Salus Populi Romani icon
- Holy Mary of Third Millennium at Three Fountains, Rome
- Sanctuary and Sacro Monte di Oropa, Biella, Piedmont
- Santuario di Barbana, Grado, Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Sanctuary of Macereto, Parco Nazionale dei Monti Sibillini, Marche
- Santa Maria in Aracoeli, Rome
- Shrine of Our Lady of Bonaria, Cagliari, Sardinia
- Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompei, Pompei, Campania
- Shrine of the Holy House, Loreto, Marche
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Montallegro, Rapallo, Liguria
- Sanctuary of Madonna dei Miracoli, Motta di Livenza, Veneto
- Shrine of Santa Maria del Fonte, Caravaggio, Lombardia
- Our Lady of Bechouat, a Marian sanctuary in the Beqaa Valley of Lebanon.
- Our Lady of Bekaa, a Marian shrine located in Zahlé, Lebanon with panoramic views of the Beqaa Valley.
- Our Lady of the Waterfall, a Marian shrine in Jezzine, Lebanon
- Our Lady of Lebanon, a Marian shrine in Harissa, Lebanon
- Our Lady of Light, a Marian chapel in Centre Ville, Beirut in Lebanon
- Our Lady of Lourdes Monument, Ain Ebel, Lebanon
- Our Lady of Mantara, a Marian shrine in Maghdouché, Lebanon
- Our Lady of Miziara, Mother of Mercies, Zgharta, Lebanon
- Our Lady of Nourieh, a Marian shrine and monastery atop Theoprosopon in Hamat, Lebanon.
- Our Lady of the Wind, Enfeh, Lebanon
- Our Lady of the Gate of Dawn in Vilnius, Lithuania
- Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, in Pivasiunai, Lithuania
- Our Lady of Šiluva in Siluva
- Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Trakai
- Žemaičių Kalvarija, Lithuania
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Tal-Ħerba in Birkirkara
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Mellieħa in Mellieħa
- Sanctuary and Basilica of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Valletta
- Sanctuary of the Blessed Virgin of Ta' Pinu in Għarb, Gozo
- Sanctuary and Basilica of Our Lady of Victories in Senglea
- Chapel of Our Lady of Good Health (Annai Vailankanni) Kampung Pandan Kuala Lumpur. Website: http://www.sacredheartkl.org/
- The Basilica of Guadalupe in Mexico City, Mexico
- Basilica of San Juan de los Lagos in San Juan de los Lagos, Jalisco, Mexico
- Basilica of Our Lady of Zapopan, Zapopan, Jalisco*
- Shrine of Our Lady of Juquila, Santa Catarina Juquila, Oaxaca
- Cathedral of Our Lady Immaculate in Monaco City, Principality of Monaco
- Our Lady Star of the Sea, Maastricht
- Our Lady the Sweet Mother, 's-Hertogenbosch, St. John's Cathedral
- Our Lady of Handel, Handel
- The Lady of All Nations, Amsterdam
- Our Lady Wealth of Joys, Oirschot
- Basilica of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, Sittard
- Our Lady at Peril, Heiloo
- Our Lady of the Enclosed Garden, Warfhuizen
- Our Lady under the Limes, Uden
- Our Lady of Ommel, Ommel
- Our Lady under the Limes, Thorn
- Our Lady of Frieswijk, Schalkhaar
- Our Lady of Oud-Zevenaar, Oud Zevenaar
- Our Lady of Bolsward, Bolsward
- Our Lady of Leeuwarden, Leeuwarden
- Our Lady ter Weeghe, Haastrecht
- Our Lady of the sand, Roermond
- Our Lady of Schilberg, Echt
- Our Lady of Haarlem, Haarlem
- Our Lady of Eiteren, IJsselstein
- Our Lady in the Oak, Meerveldhoven
- Our Lady of Aarle-Rixtel, Aarle-Rixtel
- Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Intramuros, Manila
- National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help, Baclaran, Parañaque
- National Shrine of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of La Naval, Quezon City
- Archdiocesan Shrine of Nuestra Señora de Consolacion y Correa (San Agustin Church), Intramuros, Manila
- Virgen de los Remedios de Pampanga, Arzopispado de Pampanga, San Fernando, Pampanga
- National Shrine of Our Lady of Covadonga (San Jose Parish Church) La Trinidad, Benguet
- Our Lady, Mary Mediatrix of All Grace, Carmelite Monastery, Lipa, Batangas
- Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Caysasay, Taal, Batangas
- Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Visitation of Piat, Piat, Cagayan
- Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Peñafrancia, Naga, Camarines Sur
- Minor Basilica and Cathedral of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception, Malolos, Bulacan
- Shrine of Mary, Queen of Peace (EDSA Shrine), Mandaluyong
- Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Loreto, Sampaloc, Manila
- Archdiocesan Shrine of Nuestra Señora de Guia, Ermita, Manila
- Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Peñafrancia, Paco, Manila
- Basilica of Our Lady of Manaoag, Manaoag, Pangasinan
- National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians, Better Living Subdivision, Parañaque
- Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Pasig
- Immaculate Conception Cathedral of Cubao, Quezon City
- Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, New Manila, Quezon City
- Shrine of Our Lady of Mercy, Novaliches, Quezon City
- National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, Quezon City
- International Shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, Antipolo, Rizal
- Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Aranzazu, San Mateo, Rizal
- Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Abandoned, Marikina
- Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Light, Cainta, Rizal
- Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, Cardona, Rizal
- Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Salvation, Joroan, Tiwi, Albay
- National Shrine of Our Lady of the Rule, Lapu-Lapu, Cebu
- Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe de Cebu, Guadalupe, Cebu City
- Our Lady of the Pillar, Fort Pilar, Zamboanga City
- National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima, Marulas, Valenzuela
- National Shrine of Our Lady of the Abandoned, Santa Ana, Manila
- Minor Basilica of Our Lady of Charity, Agoo, La Union
- Shrine of Our Lady of Charity (Saint Augustine Parish Church) Bantay, Ilocos Sur
- Church of Our Lady of the Assumption, Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur
- Our Lady of Good Success, Cathedral Parish of St. Andrew, Parañaque
- Cathedral of Our Lady of the Pillar, Imus, Cavite
- Immaculate Concepcion Parish Church, Dasmariñas, Cavite
- National Shrine of Our Lady of La Salette, Biga II, Silang, Cavite
- Nuestra Señora de la Soledad de Porta Vaga (San Roque Church) Cavite City
- Diocesan Shrine of Nuestra Señora de los Dolores de Turumba, Pakil, Laguna
- Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Extremadura, Loboc, Bohol
- National Shrine of La Virgen Divina Pastora (Three Kings Parish), Gapan, Nueva Ecija
- Shrine of La Virgen Milagrosa de Badoc Coronada, Badoc, Ilocos Norte
|Marian Sanctuaries in Poland|
|Locality||Church||Relic or Object|
|Bardo||Church of the Visitiation of our Lady. Redemptorists||Sculpture of our lady from the 12th century ., crowned 3 July 1966. (abp Bolesław Kominek)|
|Biechowo||Church of the Immaculate Conception Paulists||Icon of Our Lady of Joy MB from the 15th century crowned 12 September 1976. by (cardinal. Stefan Wyszyński)|
|Bochnia||Church of St. Nicholas||Icon of Our Lady from the 15th-16th century, crowned in 1931.|
|Borek Stary||Monastery of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary||obraz MB Borkowskiej z Dzieciątkiem, crowned on 15 August 1919|
|Brdów||Pauline Fathers Monastery||Icon of Victoriaus Our Lady, crowned in 1983|
|Częstochowa||Jasna Góra Monastery||The Black Madonna of Częstochowa, crowned on 8 September 1717|
|Gniezno||Franciscan church and monastery in Gniezno||Virgin Mary of Consolation, the Lady of Gniezno|
|Kalwaria Zebrzydowska||Kalwaria Zebrzydowska park||Our Lady of Calvary|
|Kodeń||The Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate Monastery of Saint Ann||Icon of Our Lady, Mother of Unity|
|Krzeszów, Lower Silesian Voivodeship||Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Krzeszów||Icon of Our Lady, Mother of Grace|
|Licheń Stary||The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Licheń||Icon of Our Lady of Sorrows|
|Łukawiec||The Sanctuary od Our Lady of Łukawiec||Icon of Our Lady of Łukawiec (Tartaków) from 17th century, crowned on 3 June 1991|
|Niepokalanów||The Franciscan Basilica of Omni-mediatress of All Glories||Figure of Our Lady of Omni-mediatress of All Glories|
|Przeworsk||The Bernardine Monastery of Saint Barbara||Icon of Our Lady of Consolation from the 17th century|
|Różanystok||The Salesian Church||Icon of Our Lady, Help of Christians|
|Rychwałd, Silesian Voivodeship||Minor basilica of Rychwałd - Sanctuary in Rychwałd||Madonna and Child - Our Lady of Rychwałd|
|Stara Błotnica||Church of the Immaculate Conception||Icon of Our Lady from the 16th century crowned in 1977.|
|Stoczek Klasztorny||Former Bernardine Church||Icon of Our Lady Queen of Peace|
|Święta Lipka||Basilica of the Visitation - Sanctuary of Saint Mary||Madonna and Child - Our Lady of Swięta Lipka|
|Wąwolnica||Basilica of St. Adalbert||Virgin Kębelska -Figure of the Virgin Mary with the baby Christ|
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima in Fátima, Portugal
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Sameiro in Braga, Portugal
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lapa, in Sernancelhe, Portugal
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Good Health, Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Piety (Sovereign Mother), Loulé, Portugal
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Ortiga in Fátima, Portugal
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Nazaré, Nazaré, Portugal
This section needs expansion with: more shrines. You can help by adding to it. (May 2017)
- Fyodorovskaya Church, Yaroslavl
- Pokrovsky chapel in Church of St. Nicholas in Tolmachi, Moscow
- Marianka, Malacky District
- Basilika Minor-Visitation of Virgin Mary-Levoca
- Basilika of Birthday Virgin Mary-Zilina
- Basilika of Birthday Virgin Mary-Vranov n Toplou
- Our Lady of Snow-Banska Stiavnica
- Our Lady of Sorrow-Petrzalka
- Our Lady of Rosary-Ruzomberok-Cernova
- Assumption of Virgin Mary-Bratislava-Blumental
- Assumption of Virgin Mary-Bratislava-Notre Dame
- Assumption of Virgin Mary-Banska Stiavnica
- Assumption of Virgin Mary-Topolcany
- Assumption of Virgin Mary-Pezinok
- Visitation of Virgin Mary-Nitra
- Đunis Monastery, Đunis, central Serbia
- Krušedol monastery, Fruška Gora, Vojvodina province
- Studenica Monastery, central Serbia
- The National Shrine Mary Help of Christians at Brezje 
- The mantled Virgin Mary - the protector from Ptujska Gora
- Church of Our Lady of Mercy on Zaplaz
- Basilica of St. Mary, Mother of God at Sveta Gora
- Basilica of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary in Petrovče
- Gamgok Our Lady of the Rosary Church, Gamgok-myeon, Eumseong-gun im North Chungcheong Province
- The Sanctuary of the Apparitions, in Pontevedra, Galicia
- The Sanctuary of Chandavila, in La Codosera, Extremadura
- The Sanctuary of Black Virgin of Montserrat, in Montserrat, Catalonia
- The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Covadonga, in Picos de Europa, Asturias
- The Sanctuary of Saint Mary of Guadalupe, in Province of Cáceres, Extremadura
- The Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar, in Zaragoza, Aragón
- The Opus Dei shrine of Torreciudad, in Aragón.
- The Shrine of Our Lady of Rocío, in Andalucia
- The Basilica and Sanctuary of Our Lady of Candelaria, Tenerife, Canary Islands
- The Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel of Garabandal, in Cantabrian Mountains
- The Benedictine Sanctuary of Valvanera, in La Rioja
- The Franciscan Sanctuary of Our Lady of Arantzazu, in Gipuzkoa
- The Basilica of Begoña in Bilbao
- The Shrine of Our Lady of Sorrows of Umbe, in Laukiz, near Bilbao, Biscay
- The Sanctuary of the Virgin of the Light, in Tarifa, Andalucia
- The Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Saints, in Alcalá de los Gazules, Andalucia
- The Shrine of Our Lady of Africa, Ceuta
- The Cathedral-Basilica of Our Crowned Mother of Palmar in El Palmar de Troya
- Basilica of Our Lady of Lanka, in Tewatte, Ragama
- Shrine of Our Lady of Madhu in Mannar district
- Shrine of Our Lady of Matara in Matara
- Church of the Dormition of Our Lady
- Convent of Our Lady of Saidnaya, Saidnaya
- Lady of the Valley, Al-Nasirah
- House of the Virgin Mary in Ephesus, Turkey, believed to be the place where Mary was taken to by St. John and lived until the Assumption.
- Church of Mary in Ephesus, Turkey, in which the Council of Ephesus (the Third Ecumenical Council) was held in 431.
- Life-giving Spring in Istanbul, a famous spring associated with the healing powers of the Theotokos, the feast of which is celebrated on the Friday after Easter.
- Sumela monastery, an important site of pilgrimage for Pontic Greeks situated in the Trabzon region.
- Dzhublyk, Zakarpattia Oblast
- Pochayiv Lavra in Ukraine
- The Basilica of the Most Holy Theotokos of Zarvanytsia, Ukraine
- Carfin Grotto: Carfin Grotto, Scotland's National Shrine to Our Lady of Lourdes - Carfin, North Lanarkshire, Scotland
- Ladyewell Shrine: St Mary's at Fernyhalgh and Ladyewell - The Shrine of Our Lady and the Martyrs, Fulwood, Lancashire, England
- Our Lady of Ipswich in Ipswich, England - ecumenical shrine in an Anglican church
- Our Lady of the Annunciation Church, King's Lynn - Pontifical shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham.
- Our Lady of Walsingham in Walsingham, England - Anglican and Roman Catholic National shrines
- Our Lady of Willesden in Willesden, London NW10 - Anglican and Roman Catholic shrines
- Shrine Church of Our Lady of Consolation and St Francis, West Grinstead, West Sussex
- Shrine of Our Lady of Egmanton in Egmanton, Nottinghamshire, England
- Our Lady of the Taper in Cardigan, Wales
- Shrine of Our Lady of Caversham, near Reading in Berkshire
- Shrine of Our Lady, Bradstowe
- Shrine of Our Lady in Penrhys, Wales
- Our Lady of the Assumption Shrine at the Friary, Aylesford, Kent
- Shrine of the Miraculous Relic Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe, The Holy Child & St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bedford, England
- Our Lady of Doncaster in Doncaster, England
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Church, Great Billing, Northamptonshire, England
- Our Lady of Westminster in Westminster Cathedral, London
- Church and Shrine of Our Lady of the Assumption and St Gregory (also known as "Church of the Assumption" and "Warwick Street Church"), Warwick Street, London W1B 5LZ
- Archdiocesan Marian Shrine, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Basilica of the National Shrine of the; in Baltimore, Maryland
- Black Madonna Shrine and Grottos, in Jefferson County, Missouri
- Blessed Virgin Mary, Shrine of the; in Holy Name of Jesus Church, San Francisco, California
- Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles, California
- Holy Hill National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians, Basilica of; in Erin, Wisconsin
- Immaculate Conception, Basilica of the National Shrine of the; in Washington, D.C.
- Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Atlanta, Georgia
- Immaculate Heart of Mary, National Blue Army Shrine of the; in Washington, New Jersey (see Blue Army of Our Lady of Fátima#Blue Army Shrine)
- Mary, Mother of the Church, National Shrine of; on the grounds of St. Patrick Church, Laurie, Missouri (in the Diocese of Jefferson City)
- Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine, National Shrine of; in Orlando, Florida
- Necedah Shrine, an interdicted Marian shrine in Necedah, Wisconsin.
- Our Lady of Consolation, Basilica and National Shrine of, in Carey, Ohio
- Our Lady of Czestochowa, National Shrine of; in Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- Our Lady of Fátima shrine in Franklin Furnace, Ohio
- Our Lady of Good Help, Shrine of; Brown County, Wisconsin
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Shrine of; Des Plaines, Illinois
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Shrine of; in LaCrosse, Wisconsin
- Our Lady of the Island, Shrine of; in Manorville, New York
- Our Lady of La Leche, Shrine of; at Mission Nombre de Dios in St. Augustine, Florida
- Our Lady of La Salette, National Shrine of; in Attleboro, Massachusetts
- Our Lady of Lebanon, National Shrine of; North Jackson, Ohio
- Our Lady of Loreto, in Goliad, Texas
- Our Lady of Lourdes, in Emmitsburg, Maryland
- Our Lady of Lourdes Belmont Abbey, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Our Lady of Lourdes, National Shrine of; in Euclid, Ohio
- Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto located on the grounds of St. Francis Seminary, in St. Francis, Wisconsin
- Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto located on the campus of the University of Notre Dame, in Notre Dame, Indiana
- Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto maintained by the Missionary Association of Mary Immaculate in San Antonio, Texas
- Our Lady of Martyrs, Shrine of, Auriesville, New York (also known as the National Shrine of the North American Martyrs)
- Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, National Shrine of; in Perryville, Missouri
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel, National Shrine of; in Middletown, New York
- Our Lady of Peace Shrine, in Santa Clara, California
- Our Lady of Pompeii in New York City
- Our Lady of Prompt Succor, in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Our Lady of the Rockies, in Butte, Montana
- Our Lady of the Roses, Mary Help of Mothers at Bayside, New York
- Our Lady of the Snows, National Shrine of, in Belleville, Illinois
- Our Lady of Sorrows, Shrine of; in Rhineland, Missouri
- Our Lady of Walsingham, National Shrine of; in Williamsburg, Virginia
- Our Lady of Walsingham for the Episcopal Church, National Shrine to; Grace Church, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- Our Sorrowful Mother, National Sanctuary of; in Portland, Oregon
- Queen of the Holy Rosary Memorial Shrine (in memory of military veterans) in LaSalle, Illinois
- Saint Mary, Cathedral of, in Miami, Florida
- Schoenstatt Marian Shrine, in Madison, Wisconsin
- For a complete list and further reading, see footnotes
- The Shrine of Our Lady of Betania, in the State of Miranda, Venezuela
- Our Lady of Coromoto, Guanare, Venezuela
- Our Lady of the Rosary of Chiquinquirá, Zulia, Venezuela
- List of shrines
- Lourdes grotto – worldwide tributes to the French original
- Marian apparition
- Roman Catholic Marian churches
- ^ Marian Shrines in Canada webpage. The Marian Library/International Marian Research Institute, Dayton, Ohio, US. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- ^ "Official website of the National Shrine of Our Lady of El Cisne". Archived from the original on 25 August 2018. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- ^ "Quito". www.mariedenazareth.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 February 2023.
- ^ Shrine of Our Lady of Europe Archived 18 November 2008 at the Wayback Machine, Gibraltar Government
- ^ Department of Religion | Rosaryhill School: "... We gather together to share and to learn. May Our Mother Mary, the Queen of the Rosary and Patron Saint of Rosaryhill School continue providing abundant blessings to each and every one in our school."
- ^ Rosaryhill School - 60th Anniversary, p.54
- ^ "Shrines in India : University of Dayton, Ohio". Udayton.edu. 11 February 2019.
- ^ "Miracle draws huge crowd to Manarcad Church". News18. 28 February 2012.
- ^ ""Holy Soonoro (Holy Girdle) of our Mother" (Discovery)". Mgocsmdiaspora.org. 14 August 2014.
- ^ "Missionaries of the Divine Revelation". Divinarivelazione.org. Archived from the original on 4 July 2008. Retrieved 6 May 2009.
- ^ "Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Pivašiūnai". Archived from the original on 7 April 2021. Retrieved 7 April 2021.
- ^ Lebedeva, Elena (18 December 2006). "Храм Святого Николая Чудотворца В Толмачах" [Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker in Tolmachi]. pravoslavie.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 11 August 2019.
- ^ "The beauty of all churches: The mantled Virgin Mary - the protector". Archived from the original on 19 November 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- ^ "Zgodovina cerkve | Marijino svetišče na Zaplazu". Zaplaz.si. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- ^ "Sveta Gora - dobrodošli - Zgodovina Svete Gore". Svetagora.si. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- ^ "Bazilika Matere Božje v Petrovčah" [Basilica of the Mother of God in Petrovče] (in Slovenian). Archived from the original on 19 November 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- ^ "Suffolk Churches site". Suffolkchurches.co.uk. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- ^ View of the two Walsingham shrines on their joint website.
- ^ "St Mary's Willesden-Shrine of Our Lady of Willesden". stmarywillesden.
- ^ "Our Lady of Willesden - Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Willesden".
- ^ "SHRINE OF THE MIRACULOUS RELIC IMAGE OF OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE". www.relicourladyofguadalupe.co.uk.
- ^ Warwick Street Church, London W1, displaying a sign "Church of the Assumption"; Lady Chapel; Grant of Indulgence (Summary of the Decree of Pope Pius IX, promulgated 15 May 1877, remaining in force in perpetuity); Reginald C. Fuller, "Warwick Street Church - A Short History and Guide".
- ^ O'Neill, Eddie (1 January 2017). "Motherly Welcome in Missouri: A Visit to the National Shrine of Mary, Mother of the Church". National Catholic Register. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- ^ "Parks: Our Lady Of Fatima Shrine". www.americaonwheels.com. 2011. Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 15 February 2021.
- ^ "Visitors to Belmont Abbey". Belmontabbeycollege.edu. 27 March 2014. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- ^ "The magnificent main Chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel". www.ourladyofmtcarmelshrine.com. 2012. Archived from the original on 4 December 2012. Retrieved 15 February 2021.
- ^ "Our Lady of the Roses Mary Help of Mothers - The Official Site". www.ourladyoftheroses.org.
- ^ Marian Shrines in the United States webpage. The Marian Library/International Marian Research Institute, Dayton, Ohio. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- ^ For further reading, see Marian Shrines of the United States: A Pilgrim's Travel Guide (Liguori Publications).