Khatiwada crowned Miss Nepal World 2018.
|Education||Bachelor in Architecture|
|Alma mater||Pulchok Campus|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Title||Miss Nepal World 2018|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Nepal 2018|
Miss World 2018
Beauty with a Purpose (Winner)
Sanya Tourism Promotional Video Award
(2nd Runner Up)
Shrinkhala Khatiwada (born November 3, 1995 Nepali: शृङ्खला खतिवडा) is a beauty pageant title holder who was crowned Miss Nepal World 2018. She represented Nepal in Miss World 2018. She also became the second Nepali after Ishani Shrestha to win Beauty with a Purpose Award, and secured a place in the Top 12 of Miss World 2018. She won the multimedia award in pageant prelims which earned her a place in the final top 30.
Early life and family background
Khatiwada was born in Hetauda, Province No. 3. She is from a family with a political background. Her father, Birodh Khatiwada is CPN (UML) leader who was elected as a member of central parliament from Makwanpur Constituency no. 2 in general election of 2017 for the fourth time. Her mother Munu Sigdel Khatiwada is President of CPN (UML), Makwanpur District and also a member of state parliament of Province No. 3. She has an older brother Bimba who is currently residing in Australia. Shrinkhala is a National Chancellor for the International Association of Educators for World Peace (IAEWP) and President of the One Home Foundation.
Khatiwada completed SLC (Secondary Leaving Certificate) from Hetauda Academy, and junior college from Goldengate International College. She studied Architecture at the Institute of Engineering, Pulchowk Campus and graduated as a 'Batch Topper' by scoring the first rank in semester 4, 9 and 10 i.e. Thesis. She is fond of writing and poetry. Her dream is to be the first Lady Prime Minister of Nepal. She wants to continue pursuing her architecture expertise in future for the well being of humans in her homeland, Nepal.
Miss Nepal 2018
Shrinkhala won Miss Nepal World 2018 succeeding Nikita Chandak. She also won the sub-title of 'Miss Fascino' and 'Miss Beautiful Hair' in this competition amongst 24 other contestants. The event was held on 11 April 2018 in the capital city of Nepal Kathmandu.
Miss World 2018
Shrinkhala competed with 118 other contestants for the title of Miss World 2018. She was placed among top 12. Miss Thailand, Nicolene Pichapa Limsnukan eventually became Miss World Asia and Oceania.
World Designer Competition
She encountered a problem during the rampwalk for the round of World Designer competition where the train of her gown got stuck with the embroidery and kept coming through the slit in her gown.
Head to Head Challenge
She was placed in group 13 along with the contestants from Luxembourg, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Guam, and Moldova for the Head to Head challenge. Shrinkhala won the first round of Head to Head challenge from group 13 however lost to Singapore in the second round.
On December 3, 2018, due to the highest number of votes among all of the contestants of Miss World, Shrinkhala was awarded Miss Multimedia Award which placed her directly in Top 30 of Miss World 2018. The same evening, she became the second runner-up in Sanya tourism video award based on creative content, use of various editing software and displaying knowledge of Sanya.
Beauty With A Purpose Award
Following two rounds of careful deliberation; a panel of Miss World Judges, selected the project of Shrinkhala as the winner of the Beauty With A Purpose Award from among the 25 videos that were shortlisted. She expressed her happiness on her social media handles by writing "The reason why I joined Miss Nepal was for Miss World and its advocacy of Beauty with a purpose. I always said that this title meant more than the crown to me and now I feel the happiest!"
The Grand Finale
The Miss World 2018 Final was held on December 8, 2018 at Sanya, China. Shrinkhala made to the Top 12, along with Miss Thailand 2018 - Nicolene Pichapa Limsnukan and Miss New Zealand 2018 - Jessica Tyson, in the pageant among the other participants from Asia and Oceania Category.
- "Shrinkhala Khatiwada crowned 24th Miss Nepal". The Himalayan Times. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Shrinkhala Khatiwada crowned Miss Nepal World 2018 - BeautyPageants". Femina Miss India. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- "Shrinkhala Khatiwada crowned [Miss Nepal World 2018]". Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- "Shrinkhala KHATIWADA Miss Nepal". Miss World 2018.
- Bhattarai, Sewa (28 September 2018). "Miss Nepal's mission". Nepal Times. Himalmedia Pvt Ltd. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "श्रृंखला खतिवडा बनिन् मिस नेपाल २०१८". Sanchar Nepal Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Miss World Continental 2018". www.missworld.com.
- "Miss World 2018 Update: Head To Head Challenge Draw", philnews.ph, PhilNews, 14 November 2018, retrieved 18 December 2018
- "Miss World Multimedia 2018". Miss World Instagram.
- "Sanya Tourism Award 2018". www.missworld.com.
- "Beauty With A Purpose 2018". www.missworld.com.
- Shrinkhala Khatiwada (4 December 2018). "Nepal has won the Beauty with A Purpose award, the most prestigious sub title in Miss World..." Twitter. Retrieved 18 December 2018.