|Minister of State (Independent Charge)
Ministry of AYUSH
9 Nov 2014
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Preceded by||office created|
26 May 2014 – 9 November 2014
|Succeeded by||Mahesh Sharma|
|Member of the 13th Lok Sabha, 14th Lok Sabha, 15th Lok Sabha and 16th Lok Sabha|
4 October 1952|
Adpai, North Goa district, Goa, Portuguese India
|Political party||Bhartiya Janata Party|
Shripad Yesso Naik is an Indian politician and the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) in the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) and former Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare. He is the Member of Parliament from North Goa constituency, representing the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Shripaad Naik was born on 4 October 1952 at Adpai village, North Goa District, Goa.
- In 1999, he was elected to the 13th Lok Sabha from Panaji constituency in Goa.
- As of 2014, he has held his seat in this constituency winning in 2004, 2009 and 2014 elections. As of 2014, he is a member of the 16th Lok Sabha. In 2014 Lokh Sabha Election he won with a margin of 105000 votes which is very high for a small state of Goa
- Further, as advised by the Prime Minister Narendra Damodardas Modi, the President has appointed Shripad Yesso Naik as Minister for Culture and Tourism (Independent Charge) in the 16th Lok Sabha.
- He is Minister of State, (IC), Ministry of AYUSH Government of India.
Career as Minister of State (IC), Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India
On March 25, 2016, Shripad Naik publicly stated he had access to research which proved that diseases such as cancer could be cured by yoga. He further stated that his Ministry was a year away from granting an endorsement to such techniques and research. The statement was challenged by medical researchers and doctors, who advocated caution in claiming a cure to cancer on the basis of unproven and unpublished research.
Definition of Anti nationals
Mr. Naik defined doctors not prescribing Ayurvedic medicine as anti nationals.
- PM Modi announces list of Cabinet ministers with portfolios - The Times of India
- Detailed Profile - Shri Shripad Yesso Naik - Members of Parliament (Lok Sabha) - Who's Who - Government: National Portal of India
- Welcome to Bharatiya Janta Party in Lok Sabha
- Election Results 2014: BJP Wins Both Lok Sabha Seats in Goa | NDTV.com
- BJP wins both LS seats in Goa - Livemint
- "Shripad Yesso Naik named Tourism Minister of India". Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- Shripad Naik takes charge as Minister for Yoga and Traditional Medicine
- "Minister of State (Independent charge) | Ministry of AYUSH | GOI". ayush.gov.in. Retrieved 2017-09-27.
- "Research shows cancer can be cured by Yoga: Shripad Naik". The Economic Times. 2016-03-26. Retrieved 2017-09-27.
- Kamat, Prakash (2016-03-26). "Yoga-based cure for cancer on the way: AYUSH Minister Shripad Naik". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2017-09-27.
- Marszal, Andrew (2016-03-27). "Yoga 'cures cancer,' claims senior Indian government official". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2017-09-27.
- "Rly. Minister Suresh Prabhu gets Maharatha Award", The Hindu, 19 August 2016
- "GSB Maharatna Award for Suresh Prabhu", The Times of India, 19 August 2016
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Shripad Naik|
- Detailed Profile: Shripad Yesso Naik in india.gov.in website